Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug
How does Google Glass work for people who already wear glasses for vision correction? I'm guessing you could just stuff some prescription lenses in the GG frame, if it didn't screw up their display system. I'd be less lazy and stuff my contacts in, but that's not an option for a lot of people.

Lots of potential though. Ultimately I want a Google Mask that provides a full HUD, so every mundane moment in my life can feel like a video game. Status readouts for everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

Al-Saqr posted:

Call me a curmodgeon, while google glasses is cool and all but I really dont look forward to having am HUD for my actual life and things that I see.

Imagine, you're watching a beautiful sunset and soaking it in and getting lost in time, then suddenly "HEY CHECK IT OUT IT'S 6:49 PM LOOKEE THERE THAT'S A COOL SUNSET WANNA LIVESTREAM/TWEET IT? dont forget your doctors appointment tommorow! also mom tried calling you by skype!"

*looks at iphone hypocritically to check the time and twitter*

No, the really scary part is that scenario with ads. They gotta monetize it somehow, right? Real life can now have those annoying pop up ads like TV shows do. You're watching the sunset, and 1/4 of your view is suddenly an ad for sunscreen, or a picture of a sunset in some vacation spot and how much better it is than the one you're seeing.

Mr Newsman posted:

status udpates...everyone...facebook.

I guess this is just as scary as the above scenario.

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug
How is the battery life?

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug
That's a pretty good amount of battery life for a watch, even 5 days to get through the work week would be great. Years ago (maybe someone else remembers these) I had a Microsoft Smart Watch (it used FM radio to download weather and news), and it would last 6-8 hours at best, so it was poo poo.