Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Is there a wearables thread for vr headsets? I just picked up Google cardboard and need guidance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Karki posted:

Created for things like 3D monitors, but discussion has shifted to VR after Oculus got going. Probably time for a new thread.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500989

I found that thanks to the updated search engine (thanks admins!) but wasn't sure. Hell of a lot of back-jabber. Maybe it's time to contact the OP and mods and coordinate on a new one?

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
edit: never mind I am an idiot

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 2, 2015

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Haven't they been doing a lot of upgrades to the MS Health backend too? I thought I saw they added bicycling workouts too.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I've been digging around but can't really seem to find much but are there any good long term reviews or discussions on the evolution of the Microsoft band 2?

I'm on the fence and need convincing. Help me throw money around like an idiot.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Okay so I understand the basic specs of the device but I'm really wondering about two specific things: Cycling tracking and Can Music Playback off the device. are there curated cycling workouts on it? Can I sideload tunes to the device and playback music off it via bluetooth?

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Are there any inexpensive smart bands that sync with google Fit. The recent update went whole hog on needing heart rate monitoring and I'm debating becoming the product and finally turn on all active tracking.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I snagged a Xiaomi MiBand 3 for super basic tracking of steps, sleep, and cycling so I'll let y'all know if it sucks rear end! For $30 if it blows chunks I'm not exactly out a ton and my skin crawls at the idea of having a 24hr biotracker feeding my boners to somebody in China so there's no point in going whole hog on a top end device.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
After a few weeks of using the Xiaomi mi band 3 I can confirm it operates exactly as advertised. Users will be splitting up tracking duties between MiFit and Google Fit if you want all the data, but it's not absolutely 100% needed.

I really like the sleep tracking and heatmaps of cycling in the MiFit app. I don't like that exporting data from MiFit to GFit doesn't work well. To be more specific, heart rate data doesn't sync across platforms.

Also sms notifications duplicate. 1 text turns into 3 or 5 depending on how it's feeling on a given day.

For $30 I'm fairly pleased. The band is comfortable and battery life is quite good. I'm on...week 2 or so and am sitting at 53% with HR on for sleep tracking only.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Yeah cause somebody will buy it. Duh.