Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I have a collection of watches that's really just me trying to recapture the magic of the Pebble Time Steel, god's own smartwatch. I'd say the Vivoactive 3 comes the closest, though I find the stainless bezel chintzy. I got the black bezel, it hides its battle scars better I think. The Bip was pretty good once I found a custom firmware that gave me music controls and let me set alarm times on the watch, and the battery life is spectacular, but I find it sluggish and boring to look at. I have a Vivoactive 3 Music as well that I got off a friend because the strap lug was broken and he already got a replacement. I rebuilt it with a bit of springbar and some plastic epoxy, and I like it, but it's thicker than the regular 3 and doesn't look good unless you use an analog face.

The only thing that really bugs me about the garmins is the polycarbonate cases. I get that they're sports watches, but god dammit I just miss pebble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Gangringo posted:

What is the most comfortable device to measure blood oxygen overnight on an iPhone?

We had planned to wait to get the new Apple Watch when it comes out for the blood sugar monitoring, but my grandmother is having health problems and we need to be sure she is getting enough oxygen while she sleeps.

Get a fingertip pulse oximeter, they're like 20 bucks. The Apple Watch is absolutely not a medical device and shouldn't be treated like one, not to mention being hundreds of times more expensive than the medical devices it claims to emulate.