Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
So where would you all recommend for Valentines Day in Atlanta for under say $150? I'm in the midtown area so around there is cool, but obviously outside there works too. I'd say I'm looking for something modern American/Southern, but that's like half of the restaurants in Atlanta so I'm sort of at loss to pick one thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

lavaca posted:

Are there any good bakeries or coffee shops near-ish the Fed? I'm going to be staying in Midtown for a few days and I need some ammunition in my neverending struggle to convince my girlfriend that lovely hotel breakfasts are a bad idea (her standards drop precipitously if it's "free"). I know about Empire State South but otherwise I'm only familiar with the Caribou Coffee that had a much shorter line than Flying Biscuit. Bonus points for a place open early on Sunday.

Highland Bakery on 14th and Crescent is good.

Bantam and Buddy on 11th and Crescent isn't bad, and very walkable.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I went once, it was good.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

You're not wrong. I only went one time, and while I'd go back it's not super high on my list of places to visit. I like the French onion soup a lot. The steak came out pretty good (it was a couple of months ago but I think I had the ribeye), but I would agree it wasn't a $50 steak. I wanted French fries and those were good as well.

Bill for two with a bottle of wine came out to like $200 which seemed a bit steep.

I'm interested in the prix fixe (soup/salad, steak frite and dessert for $30), but I'm not super sure when I'd go with it only available Monday-Friday 5-7.

It's a nice little restaurant, I just don't plan to go back immediately.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

So where do y'all like to go for ethnic groceries, in particular Mexican? I went to Mercado Fresco, and it was cool, but kind of small. Thanks for any advice!

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

the lines at Hattie B’s are still ridiculous right? Like next Saturday do you think they’ll still make the chicken good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

64bit_Dophins posted:

Anyone know a good Sushi place in Atlanta that's still open?

It's my sober anniversary and my girlfriend wants to take me out but I'm not really sure what's around these days.

This place is VERY well reviewed and appears open: https://sushihayakawa.com/

I also like Eight and Umi.