Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
So is Hachiguchi Jr the consensus suggestion on sushi? I have a friend looking for a sushi place (with veggie options) for his anniversary with his wife but he lives here in Athens and doesnt know anything about Atlanta.

Also donner guy, check out Keba if you're in Athens (originally Achim's K-bob,) the guy who started it is German and I assume it's closer to German style donner than say Gyro Wrap.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Angstronaut posted:

Anybody got a good Japanese noodle place recommendation? Looks like Hashiguchi is closed.
This is in Suwanee but Umaido is supposed to be amazing according to my friends who have spent a lot of time in Japan. http://www.umaidos.com/

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is there anything worthwhile within walking distance of the Midtown W Hotel?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

mindphlux posted:

empire state south
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA goddammit. I'm asking for a friend's birthday party, and I think it may be a little pricey and not the kind of place for a big group to just crash into. I'll just have to go there on my own some time.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Remicks posted:

It's at 5288 Buford Highway Northeast, Doraville, GA 30340 in a shopping mall that has a sketchy pool hall.
This is every shopping center in Doraville.

I managed to convince my friend to take everyone to Tap instead of Ri Ra like they originally wanted, also changed from the W to the Marriott.

My anniversary is also that weekend so I'm thinking Empire State South for me and the wife but I'm worried she might not find something she likes since she's not as adventurous as me. Walking distance isn't relevant here, I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for fancy place with an intimate setting in short driving distance that might have a more traditional menu.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

mindphlux posted:

more traditional menu?
I mean, it's not some crazy avant garde poo poo, but a lot of the accompaniments to the entrees have somewhat unusual ingredients or combinations that make her feel a little weird about the menu.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

dennyk posted:

They're using less common ingredients, but I don't see anything all that weird on their menu. Is your wife just uneasy because she doesn't know what they are? Mostly they seem to be just various veggies, i.e.:
She watches a lot of cooking shows, so she's knows what everything in that dish is, she just dislikes mushrooms in general and fruit in savory dishes. She's just picky, but I'm sure can find something that doesn't sound gross to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is there any good paella in town? And if there is, will they make it without shrimp?