Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!

WaterIsPoison posted:

I did the Sweetwater tour a couple weeks ago. The tour itself is pretty bland and takes away from drinking time. For :10bux: you get six drink tickets plus a pint glass to take home with you. The lines can get pretty long but it's a pretty good afternoon of drinking.

I did the tour last Friday and I have the exact opposite opinion, but it may be because I love the history and future goals of a brewery. I've taken the tour about 3 times and last time I took the final tour of the night (the one at 7pm). This was extremely worth it because if you stayed until the end, the guide let us have a free glass of beer from the tap upstairs of stuff that wasn't available downstairs. I love SweetWater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

So it's my roommate's birthday soon and we were thinking about going to a sushi place. Any recommendations? We're near midtown so anything around there would be nice but I don't think anyone would mind going farther out for something a little nicer. We're college students as well so something in the $20-30 range would be ideal as well. Thanks in advance!

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

I went to Farm Burger today for lunch. It was pretty alright. I got their Atlanta Beer Week special which let me keep the pint glass.

This was only my second time ever going and I enjoyed my first time there a lot more. The previous time I got their vegetarian burger (I believe it was made out of soy) since it was the deal that day and I'm cheap, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. It was my first ever "fake" burger but it was delicious and would get it again.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

Anyone have any recommendations for a good ramen place near Buckhead? One of my friends recommended me a place called Raku but that's way out in Duluth and would rather not have to travel that far if I can help it.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks for all the replies everyone! It seems like inner Atlanta is really big on Pho but not so much on other types of noodles. We ended up trying a place called Genki, a sushi and noodle bar combo. It was pretty alright, nothing crazy, but decently priced. Our waiter was really awesome though and allowed us to use both the first-time Foursquare check-in for free edamame, plus a Google Offer for another free edamame when you order a specialty sushi roll.

I ended up getting yokisoba thinking it was the soup bowl ramen experience I wanted, but it turned out to be fried noodles served on a plate with no broth instead. I was pretty ok with my mistake since it was delicious. I just need to learn more about Japanese cuisine apparently.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

Needed this so badly 3 days ago!

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

Landrobot posted:

My favorite Buckhead restaurant is F&B right now. It's French Mediterranean cuisine and drat good food. Reservations are always flawless, service is perfect, etc.. The drink menu is only 2nd place to Leon's too. Sorta Buckheady, but it's got a soul at least. http://www.fandbatl.com/

Oh hey, I work in this building. I like Mondays where all the drinks are half off :)

I've only actually eaten here twice before, but they've both been good experiences all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

venutolo posted:

Go to One Eared Stag.

I'm prolly going tomorrow. Do you know if there is usually a long wait?