Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

confonnit posted:

Went to Pho Bac last night and am now craving more. Any good Vietnamese/pho recommendations?

I actually really like Pho 24. Its not super fancy or anything, but its delicious and cheap and always open. The best thing on the menu in my opinion is the Filet Mignon Fried Rice. Its ~$10 for a large chunk of most delicious meat and a giant plate of everything else you could possibly ask for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

mindphlux posted:

ate at takorea tonight - anyone have any opinions on that place?

it was packed which got me hopeful, and the banchan we had were all good - but the rest of the food pretty eh. some dry breastmeat fried chicken tacos, a slightly better beef based taco that was inexplicably also dry. a ho-hum food-court-esque bibimbap with some shrimp, some queso dip with gochujang in it......

dunno. wasn't terrible, and wasn't very expensive, I just wasn't feeling the inspiration. felt pretty corporate, safe, and boring. like if chipolte had korean flavors. which I guess is probably what they are going for.

I've had similar experiences going there for dinner, but at lunchtime/off hours the food is usually much better. I also haven't been there in at least six months though, so I don't know if that has changed.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good restaurants nearby, with the catch being that I am significantly lactose and gluten intolerant, and allergic to most seafood. Pretty much all I eat out now is steak, bbq, and chinese, which are the only places I know of where I can consistently find something safe on the menu.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

kuskus posted:

How about Indian food. There should be plenty of dishes without cream, and when ghee is in use instead of butter it's all fat and no milk solids (or few). Try Saravana Bhavan.

jooky posted:

Urban Pl8 on the westside has a pretty Paleo-friendly menu, which avoids gluten and most dairy. I'm sure you'd be able to find something there.

http://www.urbanpl8.com/

I'll have to try both of those, thanks! And apparently Urban Pl8 is in walking distance, even better!