Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

I did it by not doing anything else at all.

Still, that requires significant reading speed. If I can do more than a page a minute in the hardcover format, I'm doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Daedalus Esquire posted:

Oh man. How did I forget that Thom is the definition of BAMF?

Not to be confused with the sound Nightcrawler makes, of course.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Jedit posted:

Is New Spring going to be included in this re-read at any point?

Are you joking?

If it were, I'd imagine it'd have to be until all the crap it reveals before it's revealed in the main series has been read. Whenever the hell that is.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

berenzen posted:

Has anybody else found any hints towards Moraine and Thom's romance? It should happen sometime in this novel, because she sees him a total of once more before she's sent to the snakes and foxes.

It's all over the first book if you pay attention. Read their first meeting and when Moiraine talks about who she'd marry, in particular. These two are masters at saying things with a glance or with silence or by saying something else entirely.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Egg-win (I can never stop reading it like this, no matter how hard I try.)

Just wait until she starts being around Gawyn

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Jedit posted:

WOT history is more interesting than American history because there's more than 250 years of it.

And no one talks about the importance of the cotton gin.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

DrGonzo90 posted:

Questions:

If saidin is white and the True Source is black, what color is saidir?

Does Moiraine know that Rand hasn't actually killed the Dark One, and just doesn't have the heart to tell him? And Shai'tan is the name of the Dark One, right? (not sure if that's a spoiler or not since I've read some of the spoilered text so far).

I must have missed what actually killed Aginor. Rand just comes back to reality and Aginor is dead. What happened to him?

Also, it was Rand's desire to find him that caused the Green Man to appear when he did, right?

Did Rand destroy the Eye?

What makes you think they have colors? Your terminology is also a bit mixed. sidin + saidar = the True Source.

Moiraine knows that wasn't the Last Battle and that means the Dark One is still alive

Aginor drew in too much power and burned himself to death, so to speak.

As far as I know, it was everyone's need/desire/ta'veren-ness

He used up all it's power and it was just a pool of power.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

DrGonzo90 posted:

The post I quoted said that the white cords were people channeling saidar and the black cord on Ba'alzamon was him channeling the True Source. It's kind of confusing. Is the True Source and the One Power the same thing?

Oh yeah, that always confused me. I think the black cords are supposed to be from the Dark One, which is commonly referred to as the True Power later on. The True Source is supposed to be saidin + saidar and what "turns the wheel of time"

edit: here's a good reference http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/main/true_source/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Prison Warden posted:

The one power doesn't really have a colour, per se. I always (in my brain) equated the different flows of the One Power to have different colours to the perception of the channeler, fire being red and water blue etc. so I think White would make sense as all the colours blending together.

You're confusing the power flowing into a person with the power flowing out of a person. When someone is shielded while channeling, they hit the power flowing into them, not out.

Spoilered because I don't think they've done exactly that, yet.

• Locked thread