Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonious Funk
Jan 6, 2009

Twisted Fate ain't got shit on me.

Robindaybird posted:

Welp.

Decided to join a pick up game of 4e D&D to finally put to rest my concerns about the system (which I won't get into because editions wars is tedious). The DM keeps calling me 'little lady' and never directly addressed me, which already made me want to pack up and leave, but I decided 'well never going to see this rear end in a top hat again, and rather not wait another hour for the bus home'.

So I rolled up my character - a fey pact warlock and male character. The group starts cracking homophobic jokes, and I'm just sitting there holding my dice in disbelief as one of them asked if the warlock getting hit by a hammer would be considered 'gaybashing'.

I pretty much quit right then and there.

Just curious, you're not hating on 4e for this, are you? Because this is not the fault of 4e. It's the fault of horrible people being horrible people.

Thelonious Funk fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonious Funk
Jan 6, 2009

Twisted Fate ain't got shit on me.

Yawgmoth posted:

Let's be fair, this isn't even "nerds being nerds". This is shitheads being shitheads.

You're right, updated.