Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm wondering how bad this train-wreck can get. This is good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

PantsOptional posted:

When you say it like that, it sounds like a cartoon I'd want to watch, but only when I'm drunk.

Yeah, that's a story that needs to be told now.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What power did the Prince use to get bear hands?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
This thread has sold me on WWWRPG. I plan on running a game soon.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Samizdata posted:

I really didn't make it past 2 episodes pretty much, so I most certainly concur. Frankly, I would have been happy had they left off after the first movie altogether.

There's a reason the series tagline is 'There should have been only one.'

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I met with my one gaming group at a quick lunch at some casual dining restaurant to get an idea of what sort of people they were before I committed to hanging out with them for a few hours.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
DND economics make no goddamn sense and any argument about them is therefore stupid to even bother having. You idiots.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

goatface posted:

An old friend was once part of a campaign that took a 10 session detour to find the universe's greatest contract lawyer after the party received a ring of three wishes. Eventually they got two of their wishes (they paid with the third).

Like most things, it really depends on who you're playing with.

That sounds fun actually.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
In a 5-person party the loss of one PC while everyone else escapes is a 20% resource loss.

Hell, it's a Ranger. 10% at best.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pedophilia, and paraphilia in general.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
So the killer has the fifth headset right?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

the_steve posted:

This is true, but, the Norse ones tend to be the ones that get idolized.
I don't see a lot of people going "Hail Zeus!" or "Praise Amaterasu!" (outside of a Persona game at least), but, I can easily find a dozen people wearing Mjolnir necklaces because they're the Viking version of weeaboos.

Also, Nazis.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
That poo poo is rad as hell.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
These stories are always rad as gently caress.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kavak posted:

Just FYI CobiWann, the Word doc I made of your Tanicus posts came out to 235 pages with 12 point font, with maybe 2-3 extra pages of line breaks.

Could you post a link? I wanna read a novel.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I like ‘em here since I can read along by clicking your post history.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
How about a compromise and people post short summaries at the top of their post for the longer ones?
'The worst thief in the world steals a pie, causes a city-wide riot' for example.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Podima posted:

I like the good campaign stories and the catpiss stories, and I think both should keep getting posted in this, the Notable Gaming Experiences thread.

Part of it is that goons are older and waaaay less willing to subject themselves to bullshit than they used to be so the stories have gotten less terrible on average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Cobalt-60 posted:

I've wanted to run/write a campaign taking place during the rise of syndicalism. Take the "Adventurer's Guild" premise and play it seriously. Have an enchanted sword worth half a barony? Here's where you can trade it in. Want that cockatrice disposed of? Standard rates, plus healing expenses. Local lord demands the spoils cause that ruined temple was on his land? This is a ROYAL charter, boys; you'll get your cut, and nothing more. Half the lords hate having armed hooligans sworn to no one running about their lands; the other half are glad to have disposable lunatics to go stabbing the dangerous stuff. I like the idea of a Witcher-like campaign setting where the PCs are set apart and Not Quite Like ordinary people, but actually doing one that didn't feed into murderhoboing would be hard.

You'd have to let people be suspicious and show the players that good reputation is important.