Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
MtG chat

The Mighty Biscuit posted:

Usually the answer is vast amounts of land destruction and counter spells.
The power of a single Twiddle cannot be underestimated. I have no idea if that's still valid, stopped playing over 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PBS Newshour posted:

Ran a one shot of Monster of the Week last night, it went pretty well I think. OK, so this has kinda a convoluted backstory but hang in here with me.

tl;dr
what appears to be a haunted house turns out to be an alien and a mummy. also the game somehow turn into an origin story for xcom.
I had a visceral reaction to hovering over the second spoilered picture. And was only surprised by the next paragraph in that people survived.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CobiWann posted:

And what should you do if the plumph offers you the gift of an egg?

Eat the egg with the delicious waffles decorating the dungeon.

The flumph is stoned. Xe would understand.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tunicate posted:

I remember seeing a quote from a stormfront poster about how just because Drizzt has black skin doesn't make him, you know, black, he's white on the inside.

Senor Chang is full of crazy.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I interviewed with a group from meetup that said they were at seven now an that's where I could start but any deaths an you start at level one.

When I said "nice to meet all of you, but I don't think this will work" I think they were stunned from me breaking the nerd social fallacy. I was pretty put out about driving 25 minutes across Dallas for that experience.
What's so bad about driving 10 miles :haw:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tunicate posted:

discworld version is probably better to play

So combine Santa Clause and the HogFather. Time slows down as you reap souls and whatnot.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Carebearz posted:

not only can they die, but they pretty much know exactly when, and who is going to kill them if I remember Ragnarok correctly.
"Auto-erotic asphyxiation, hell of a way to go..."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Falstaff posted:

Only because they're still ongoing, while yours will never be finished. :argh:

Yeah, whatever happened to *Emperor destroys a chunk of Coruscant by launching an Executor class Super Star Destroyer that was hidden under the city* / *party resolves that one day they will steal that SSD*

We need closure DivineCoffeeBinge! :argh:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
They just call themselves the Crazy 8d8s. There's only :rolldice: 37 of them.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CobiWann posted:

Our DM has very specific rules for Wish - 25 words or less, and you can't "pre-game" your Wish if it's from a scroll. If you cast it from a scroll you have two minutes to come up with what you want to say and how you want to say it.

Besides, all Varis wants to do with it is use it to cast any level 1-8 spell from ANY spell list in the game...

Resurrection is back on the menu!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

A lithium ion battery is usually abbreviated to 'li-ion'
So name the kid Leon.
Lee on.
Li-on
:dadjoke:

I'm also loving Dobster and kaffo coming to terms with previously being "That jerk" and hopefully coming around

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

unimportantguy posted:

I know this is probably either a typo for "fit" or short for "figurine" but you have no idea how badly I want to take it at face value.

Pollyanna posted:

Let’s yes-and that into existence, shall we?
Yes and it was a fig newton. They're fruit and cake!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Robindaybird posted:

This is why low-magic and D&D is a 'jump ship'. So many enemies are designed to be either only take full damage by or can only be damaged at all by magic of some sort - spells, enchanted weapons, etc., and most GMs don't take the time to prune the MM to take out enemies like the aforementioned Iron Golem or otherwise balance the combat for this.
Yeah, D&D isn't a good fit for low-magic games. That's why Conan The Barbarian role playing games exist.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Railing Kill posted:

:psyduck:

Galaxy brain: inflict this on D&D players.

Universe brain: inflict this on Shadowrun players. (Or anything out of genre)

Is our contract to kill a shaman milking a... whatever that is?
No
Is this the contact our Johnson told us about?
No
Ok let's go around

edit:
*One hour later, while making a quick tactical retreat after the run went pear shaped because of course*
AHH IT'S STILL IN THE ROAD
KILL IT KILL IT
NO IT MIGHT BE A DRAGON AND IT WOULD KILL US
AAAAAAA

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Well no, Power Word: Yeet is the 9th level version