Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

:black101: + :science:

So how much do emoticons cost round these parts? Because you really need :black101: with a lightsabre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

:science::hf::black101:

My god, I am going out and buying this system.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Temascos posted:

Had a fun game with my Skype group, we Fudged up some rules and played "superheroes", the following transcript was written by our DM which is fairly comprehensive.

One day, Gunman will find a way to pick up a grassy knoll. Maybe just some turf from the top; maybe a model. On that day, the Kennedy Kannontm will be born.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

DCB, that's is at least 15 distinct kinds of awesome. I want to lock you, your group and your GM in some kind of game-playing sweatshop and make you do awesome things for 14 hours a day, breaking only to relate your adventures.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

I believe that his response to learning about this was "Yeah, that's fuckin' dumb."

Something tells me we're not going to see it come up in-game. :)

Unless he's bluffing! :tinfoil:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

This thread has gotten me into RPGing. Thank you, and I blame all of you for me eventually dying alone.

And DCB, your game is actually more awesome than the films. Lucas could get some tips from your GM.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Psalmanazar posted:

Elves have a french accent, it's the law.

A bit late, but I always pictured them as welsh.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Is this going to go horribly horribly right and result in the dark lord Clowndragon being born?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Your mother is terrifying. I hope she's ok though.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Talkc posted:

I think the most dickish thing I've ever done running paranoia, was convince a troubleshooter to write a requisition form in his own blood in order to get a ball point pen, to fill out requisition forms.

You didn't make the player use his own blood, did you?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

I don't have story, but I DO have a quick question for the thread. I'm currently running a 4th-ed game set in a recently colonised not-south-america-at-all-I-swear-guys. The party are currently being colonialist bastards and raiding a hidden temple deep in the jungle. Later they may be looking around various islands and colonies in the settler society.

In game history, not-europe had a war against the mongol orcs of not-asia. Prisoners were taken, but they couldn't expand, and they had all these plantations, so...

Basically, if I have plantation slaves be largely orcs, but make it very clear that they're not big dumb brutes and the slave-holding society are proper unambiguous arseholes, am I the cat piss?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

ItalicSquirrels posted:

Alternatively, don't make them be just orcs. If the one society is cool with slavery, it makes sense they'd enslave others too.

I'll probably do this, cheers!

AceClown posted:

For the love of god don't give them a comedy slave accent or it's gonna devolve into a blazin saddles/django quote fest which is not cool.

Oh holy gently caress no.

ItalicSquirrels posted:

Basically, the catpiss content comes down ultimately to how okay your group members are with this. If any of them are not totally on board with the idea, you may not be cat piss but you're definitely pissing into the litter box.

Yeah, I'll run it by my group first. Cheers for the tips.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

Just do yourself a favour and drop the whole idea. You do not want to be remembered as the guy who tried to do "social commentary" by equivocating blacks and orcs.

Actually, this is probably the best idea

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Are any of the new inhabitants wizaards? Maybe they could get a message to the players about "hey, so there's been some MAJOR poo poo going down due to a few hundred people who don't know each other being stuck together, help!"

They return, and winsome urchin #273 has declared himself overlord of all and started holding show trials.

Or maybe time works differently there and the PCs are mythic figures.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Do some people just not understand how fun works or something?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

This is probably one of the few times when going full murderhobo is entirely justified

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Samizdata posted:

Played a great OD&D session with some people I have never played with before on Google Hangouts/Roll20 this weekend.

Go on...

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Is that as the Hypergibbon's PA?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Railing Kill posted:

Conjurers: history's greatest monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfF5QD2JL-o

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Guildencrantz posted:

D&D is a bad game

One thing I meant to ask - you ran a polish communist x-files game, right? That sounded fun - what system did you use?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

The Lil' Rascals got dark

e: what kind of poo poo has he done with them?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Tame the magnificent beast and ride it to the surface?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Not so good in job interviews though

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Stannis and his brother switched minds, the mother didn't know but DID love the uncle. This drove Varis' father mad, to the point where he didn't remember who he was but DID remember betrayal, hurt and a thirst for vengeance, and just post rationalised everything.

Alternate theory: Varis' mum DOES love Stannis, but is just super into hosed-up kinky mindgames and soul bondage

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Robindaybird posted:

there's no way to actually kill a hill.

Not with that attitude

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Or an insufficiently lawyered Wish spell

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Splicer posted:

Rodent Centurion would be a pretty good name change :raise:

....you're the rudderkin from the story, aren't you?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Well SOMEone has a new nemesis...

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Achaemenid Persian

For someone from 500BC, he learns fast.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

She can't see them, what do you mean?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Reverse Vitligo

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Clicking to see his posts in this thread should get you most of them. Nthing the :drat: reactions.

I have to ask - does your DM have any tips on building a world that rich? How did they start? Do they have any DMing tips in general? Because holy gently caress your stories have inspried me to start DMing again.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

CobiWann posted:

It is the same group, down to level 1 PC's, still 5th edition rules, set 150 years after Az's defeat. We have a War Wizard, an Artificer, a Cleric, a Barbarian, a Gunslinger patterned off of Critical Role, and I'm playing a Fighter. We're starting in January and the focus is MUCH more local as opposed to the world spanning campaign of the last one.

The DM wrote a setting guide for the campaign and gave me permission to hand it out to people if they want to see it. Drop me an e-mail address in a PM and I'll e-mail back a copy.

Not got PMs, but if you see fit to throw one at adam underscore nawal AT hotmail.com I'd be grateful

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Have I recently expressed my envy at how badly I want to be able to DM like that?

Also, thinking of following the principle of :justpost: for my campaign - it's not been going long, but so far the players have robbed an auction house, exploded a terrorist base, stole what they stole from the bank, killed 4 cops, made friends with a necromancer/demon cult, introduced the necromancer/demon cult to the mafia, negotiated an alliance between the two, started a bank run and 2 riots, impersonated police and stole files, impersonated a foreign noblewoman and attempted to assassinate an ambassador.

They're level 3.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

I hope he gets help with his substance issues.

Failing that, I hope he consistently plays a super straight-laced LG paladin

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Yeah that's a soviet mayday parade.

I could post my stories when I organise and type them up, but a) not sure when that would be, and b) I don't think they're either particularly good or bad, just kind of there. Will if people are interested though.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I think mine would pass muster in that case, since a big part of the setting is monsters being immune to anything except specific weakness like silver, bronze, brass, consecrated iron, salt, etc. and it makes logical sense that more silver would mean more damage.

is this related to your MHI LR thread?

I'm worried about you mang

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Leraika posted:

I, too, enjoy having a story told to me that I have no meaningful contribution to for several weeks in a row.

For a second I thought you were bitching about this thread

That one dude sounds like an asshat though

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

I've read this for too long without contributing, so here is my story. Don't know if it counts as either particularly good or bad, so if it doesn't fit here I'll get rid. First time I GMed in a while, the gaps might show.

:orks: : Carson "the Dagger" Jagger, the half-orc rogue. Killed his abusive dad as a kid, became muscle for hire in the criminal underworld.
:devil: : Symphony the Tiefling bard. Her mother is a succubus who seduced her way up the ranks of the Divine Empire, and was not a good mother.
:cheers: : Scruffy the half-elf ranger. Their player doesn't turn up much.

quote:

Altanzai! City of gold, danger and shadows! Make your fortune, lose your fortune, fall in love and get your throat slit! One guy did it all on the same day. There's a song about him.

On an unusually hot day, the air filled with the din of commerce, a young Tiefling woman performed music for watching children. A half-orc enjoyed an ice cream, watching the comings and goings of the guards at the bank carefully. And an elf searched the library for rare tomes.

Then the bank exploded.

Masked figures ran out with bulging sacks, each armed – remarkably – with black powder pistols and throwing gunpowder into the crowd indiscriminately. Jagger (the half-orc) chose this moment to make himself scarce, while Scruffy (the elf) retreated to the library. Symphony (the tiefling) threw herself on a wayward grenade to save the children around her. The guard arrested them, intending to ask them questions later (and in Scruffy's case, because he was unjustly accused of stealing books). Before they could be interrogated, they broke out, killing guards on the way, and resolved to find the thieves themselves, regaining recompense for their half hour of jail time.

Searching the city and asking around, the intrepid crew split up in disguise – Carson discovered that stolen from the bank was a safe deposit box that officially didn't exist, Symphony tracked the culprits down to a group known as "The Remnants", bitter that the war ended as it did and keen to keep fighting for the Empire, and Scruffy found the culprits fled into the sewer.

Tracking them to their lair, they killed some guards, stole their clothes and infiltrated. Meeting another group, there was a brief, awkward conversation before they realised that the second group were infiltrating as well.

:orks: : Good job recently, hey?
:geno: : Yeah, went well
:orks: We're just heading to the break room. Have a pint, relax. You?
:geno: We are also doing that thing.
:orks: : To the break room!
:geno: : Yep
*both groups wait awkwardly to follow the other*

quote:

Following them to the treasure room, combat ensued, with the genuine remnants backing up the party against what appeared to be a small group of demon cultists. Symphony, however, got trapped against two real and quite angry remnants, and so pretended to be a kissagram before commencing to murder them.

The demon cultists were taken down quite quickly, but not before releasing a shadow demon from a black gem. As it sped towards the armoury, Symphony cast Thaumaturgy, convincing the men attacking her that their rage and lust had condemned them to eternal damnation.

Then the armoury exploded. Surviving unscathed, our intrepid heroes grabbed all the loot they could and ran to relative safety, plotting how to spend their kind-of ill-gotten gains.

Let me know if you want to keep hearing, I'll have to hunt through my notes and type everything up eventually anyway

e: readability, more info

Ichabod Sexbeast fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

There's Obsidian Portal for an RPG-focused wiki system, but putting everything in there might be a pain and a half