Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I've only really played one Campaign of 3.5e but it ended up being totally nothing like what I expected.

The character I rolled was Urist Fist (Yes I know), Dwarf Monk, and My party consisted of a bard, a wizard, a warlock and a GM fiat-ed in half dragon. When it came to the regular encounters I barely hit anything, not even 10 AC zombies. Even when I did hit it would be for piss poor amounts of damage.

Then we hit the boss gauntlet. A huge fire elemental and a boneyard, both felled by critical fists. Urist then retreated to a life of uselessness. We ended up naming him Urist the All-loving Giant hater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Squidster posted:

You have a finite amount of fate points, after which death becomes permanent. And fate points can't undo everything - there are plenty of game situations where a greater demon surprise torpedoes the party permanently.

Deathwatch, Dark heresy and their ilk run off the same base rules right?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The first image to me that came to mind was from some other goon's WH40K game where a psyker tried to read a (many thousands of times mindwiped) guy's mind, freaks out, and eats his lasgun. I forget whose game it was, though.

Heard of it before. Think it was pasted on /tg/ as well. It might have been RT or DH.

Great read.

pw pw pw posted:

I do like the idea of all children being evil. To the point where you cannot reliably detect evil in a heavily populated area due to massive levels of background evil.

It's completely true. Any creature acting on instinct (which is what a child basically is doing most of the time) given any sort of advantage or power will utilize it to the maximum for the sole purpose of self-gratification.

Do not use if you are a paladin under oath, effects in such circumstances will cause loss of blood, loss of bone and bone marrow integrity, loss of brain matter, brusing and eventual death, these effects may manifest not only in the paladin but also in any surrounding child.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 6, 2012

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr Nick posted:

Dungeons and Coutrooms?

"This proves that it was Procrastinatus's encounter power that provided the means for Arrg the barbarian's brutal murder of a kobold family!"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Skellybones posted:

Hallucinogenic bee cornucopia?

Bee honey that was made from the nectar of deadly nightshades can be hallucinogenic.

and deadly.

obviously.

[e]: oh and too much nutmeg can send a person on a 3 day long hell trip.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 13, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mikedawson posted:

So I've been the DM for a total of two sessions and already my PCs have solved a generic intro "defeat the bandits attacking town" quest by having the cleric hit on the leader of the bandits. They got a nat 20 on the roll, so the bandits agreed to move to the next town and have a clean start in exchange for 30 gold and if the cleric hosed the leader.

I see they're into Bioware's ideas of sexual healing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Splicer posted:

Comparing prophecies like quest logs. "Right so there's obviously a Vampire here, and I've got to 'bring death to that which does not live', but if we hit it with sunlight that should cover you for 'wielding the sun against the darkness'. Just make sure to grab all the Renfields for 'saver of the lost'/'clear'd the minds of the stolen'.

"So: Main objective is kill the dragon, but so you two can recieve further powerups we gotta beat him in a game of wit and retrieve his stolen horde of heirlooms"
"Does this one even have a horde of heirlooms"
"Well does your prophecy specify whose heirlooms"
"Its spectacularly vague, just like every other one ever"
"Optional objectives are the worst"