Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Golden Bee posted:

FLASH MOB PARTY!
This game sounds like Shadowrun meets Transmetropolitan and I want to play it so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Green Intern posted:

In my first 4e game (using roll20 as well), I used FuegoFish's Mimic race to create Mahogany L'uhgahge, Mimic Rogue. It lead to some pretty grey moments, such as:

-Enemies on a raised platform 10 feet above us? No need for acrobatics, I'll pull a 10ft ladder out of my mouth.
-Swallowing unconscious baddies for safekeeping.
-Later spitting them out over a 30ft drop to traumatize any remaining enemies.
-Hiding other small members of the party like I'm some kind of clown car.

It's a bit of a shame that the game ended due to schedule problems, because we were planning on houseruling that the extradimensional space in Mahogany's gullet could eventually house several people, as long as we found an air supply. We would have had the best rec room ever.

I feel like this is about how a Kirby RPG would go.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

atomicthumbs posted:

I'm playing a standard dwarf cleric who used to be a dwarven banker (which is much more complicated than normal banking) until he got expelled from the Mountainhomes for eating the gold My Strange Addiction-style, and became a cleric to seek redemption. I occasionally subtract small amounts from my gold or whatever gold I find to support this; the DM has suggested that there may be health implications for this in the future.
Your deity is, I presume, Garl Glittergold?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Yawgmoth posted:

Yes, the first step is getting him to see that he has a problem. I want to at least try because then I can say "hey, I tried to help you and you poo poo your pants in response. Don't expect me to stand here while you line up a warm handful to throw at me."

Plus I really really wanna find that video.

That video DOES sound really cool, and I'd like to see it also if you manage to dig it up.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Simultaneous flanking attacks from both man and horse.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Error 404 posted:

That reminds me of an exchange I saw in a comic once.

A magical cop is fighting some tentacled horror and calls for backup, the backup being a big dude in swat armor.

The backup hands the cop a gun and charges at the monster saying to be careful because good parts are hard to find.

The cops asks him "Zombie?" And he replies "I prefer the term Undead American."

Which comic was this?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Kinfolk910 posted:

The undead American line was from a comic book called O.C.T. Occult crimes taskforce. Made by image comics. Not sure which comic because mine is the collection of 1-4.
Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

50 Foot Ant posted:

Well, that last gaming group pretty much turned me off of putting together groups based on advertisements at the local gaming shop.

Ha ha, hey guys, 50 Foot Ant had a bad experience with a problem player! :rolleyes:

I enjoy these stories even if you do make them up.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Wolvorine posted:

Worst part is, he's not making it up, he's suger-coating the hell out of it. I haven't wanted to punch a player in the teeth in decades until we met this guy.

This guy was a classic case of alpha-acting tall tubby guy who needs to make everyone think he's The Man. Steps up into your personal space talking loudly in a conflict (even a casual conflict), 'boy I hope I get to shoot me someone in real life' kinda guy.

(edit) As it was, it took that entire 4 weeks to convince Ant that he wasn't over-reacting, and that the guy actually was a complete poo poo-nozzle. Ant was busting his rear end to try to make it work and not give up on it.

About a year and a half ago, Ant had a series of stories about a player named Stan, that started pretty reasonable but eventually went so over the top that future hilarious stories in this vein seem hard to believe.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Dr_Amazing posted:

There was more too it right? I'm sure it ended with with him calling bullshit on Ant's military service and getting beat down.
This post happened, but was not the end of the story. Stan was too good of a character.

50 Foot Ant Presents: The Stan Saga posted:

That's when he agreed to let her undo the bandage. When we see what is obviously a sunburn, we all start laughing at him, and he yanks it away from my wife, who is telling him how to care for it.

Stan: "What the gently caress do you know?" (Obviously pissed)
Wife: (Calmly) "I was a 91 Alpha for 4 years before they made us requalify into 91B and got rid of my MOS."
Stan: "What the gently caress is that?" (Way to go, Mr. Ex-Ranger, not recognising the most common MOS outside of infantry)
Wife: "It's combat medic. Now hold your arm out so I can put the bandage back on"
Stan: "Women weren't allowed to be combat medics! Don't loving lie to me, I was a Ranger!"
Hawk: "Maybe in Vietnam they weren't allowed, but they have been since like the mid-80's."
Stan: "Bullshit! I was a loving Ranger, I oughta loving know."
Me: "Drop it Stan."
Stan: "I know what I'm talking about, women can't be in combat!"
Me: "That changed in Panama, asswipe, women fight now."
Stan: "What the gently caress would you know? I'm right, I was a Ranger, I know things you don't, civilian." And his smug arm crossing is ruined when one arm brushes the other and he yelps and jumps.
Me: "What?"
Stan: "You loving heard me. I wasn't some loving civilian, I fought in Desert Storm, I was a Ranger, and I know that women aren't allowed to be combat medics!"

I kind of blow my cool. I start screaming questions at him.

Me: "Where did you go to Airborne?" (For a while they offered it in Turkey (actually Crete) if you were in Europe and needed to go)
Stan: "You wouldn't have heard of it, it's classified!"
Me: "What's the maximum effective range of an unmodified M-16A2 assault rifle?"
Stan: "What?"
Me: "What was your PT score?"
Stan: "100% before I hurt my back."
Me: "What unit were you in? Who was your loving CO? Who was your Platoon Leader?"
Stan: "That's classified!"
Hawk: (Sounding pissed) "Recite the Ranger's Creed, you fat motherfucker."
Stan: "Death from above!" (I remember that clearly)
Me: "Recite your Three General Orders!"
Stan: "Those are classified!"
Me: "You don't know poo poo, you loving liar. You never were even in the military! You learn half that poo poo in Basic."

I was pissed. Really pissed. This fucker had been talking poo poo for 2 years while I kept my mouth shut because I was trying to put my time in the military behind me. While I tried to forget the Highway to Hell and everything else I'd witnessed and been part of. IN my mind, this motherfucker was making GBS threads on every loving thing I'd ever been through, on my friends, on the people I'd lost, on all the blood, pain, misery, and fear I'd been through.

In my defense for what happened, this was before I was put on medication.

Stan had run out of breath yelling back, and sat down. He folded his arms, looking up at me and breathing heavy.

Stan: "Shut the gently caress up, civilian. I served my country."
Me: "What unit were you with in Desert Storm?"
Stan: "That's classified, and at least I went to war."
Me: "What Regiment are the Rangers part of?"
Stan: "Classified, and I'm not telling some civilian who was too chickenshit to join up and go to war like you."

This whole time Fatback has been trying to get Stan to shut up. Stans last pronouncement left him just standing there looking at him.

Missy stepped up and grabbed one of my arms, Hawk grabbed my other.

Missy: "Stan, you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about."
Stan: "Shut up, bitch. Don't think I won't slap you because you're a woman."

Missy just let go of my arm, and started picking her stuff up.

Stan: "That's right, you better leave."

My wife had picked up our gaming stuff, and stood up.

Wife: "Stan, you're an rear end in a top hat and a liar."

Stan: "gently caress you, whore."

Hawk just let go of my arm and stepped back.

I backhanded him so loving hard he came clear out of the chair, bloodied his mouth and nose, and left a bruise on his cheek that was there when I came back in a week later and saw that girl's panties on the cork board. I set my legs and put my loving hips into it hard enough that my knuckles were swollen for about 2 days.

If Hawk hadn't of grabbed me by the collar of my jacket, I would have taken the loving boots to him.

Fatback told me to leave, Hawk drug me out of the store.

Best part? We went to a loving bar, and guess who walked in looking for the man who "suckerpunched and beat up mah baby boy!"

God I hated that town.

Skyscraper fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 26, 2014

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Rannos22 posted:

Nothing 50ft ant has ever said has ever actually happened.

Oh, sorry, I should have rephrased that. This post happened, I meant to say.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Here we go again.

Quick, tell a gaming story to get us back on track!

I have some from my last campaign, but I'm running some goons through the same content (it is because I am lazy), and I don't want to drop spoilers on my own campaign.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Evilreaver posted:

nanite powers ('feats')
Didn't you mention this homebrew system before? Does it have a rule/sourcebook PDF?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Evilreaver posted:

Kinda. As an wannabe-amateur game designer, Nanosystem is (as we often joke) 'Steam Early Access'. The bulk of the written rulebook is Here, though there's a shitload of things not present, namely: things. Weapons and tools, enemies, vehicles, etc are more-or-less made up on the fly to make a fun campaign, using somewhat tested and wholly-unbalanced guidelines.

But my group loves the poo poo out of it and keeps asking for more, so, success I guess :yayclod:

Cool, thanks! I can see that there's a lot missing, but it looks like it'll make for a fun rules-lite alternative to other modern or near-future systems.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

I've been looking for a story, I think it was in this thread, that involved someone playing Flames of War with the Canadian army against Rommel in an armored car and calling for his head on a maplewood pike. I've searched with the search function, and it's not coming up, and it was a great story.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Ambi posted:

It was indeed, I remembered it as well from when I read through the thread, and found it: Here you go. Same guy also posted a few stories in the Murphy thread, but I haven't read them.
If you're a fan of the game, YF19pilot posted a number of times about his experiences playing FoW at his friendly local gamestore, since it came up in the search as well.

Thanks! I don't know why that isn't coming up in the search. I was telling a friend how great FoW is, and I wanted to cite this as evidence.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

the_steve posted:

Which is a pity, because if you look at the raw components, this should have been awesome.
Ok, the plot item is a little juvenile, but as long as it was played tongue in cheek, it could work.
Ghost Cowboys as guards, with ghost revolvers.

I mean, yeah, things seem to have gone catpiss, but the ingredients for something fun seem to have been there.

So unless the guy is using "I dreamed it" as a euphemism for "this happened and I don't want to incriminate my friends who are of the catpiss", it's all just somebody's idea and it never went catpiss, it never went anything.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Unknown Quantity posted:

Oh no, the session actually happened. It's just that it played out like the story said and it was just decided to axe that from the official records.

EDIT: Also, ghosts in Shadowrun are insanely strong. One or two of them or the werewolf alone can very much challenge a group. Twelve is a guaranteed party wipe.

OH! Yeah, that makes sense, then. The description, not the run.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Moto42 posted:

Honestly, this is was the perfect way to handle the situation. The people that should have been putting a stop to this (both campus authorities and the GM's) weren't doing their jobs, so you beat them to death at their own game.

What I'm wondering is: How did the campus administration not understand "These guys keep touching students inappropriately" well enough to ban them from the campus?

6 months later?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

This is the best line :v:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Kurieg posted:

Necromancer Mage cat summoner

A nekomancer?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Part Nine? Man, the hosed-up hell building is the cat-piss that just keeps on giving.

Is this going to be the 12 days of catpiss!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

piL posted:

I can get behind some Metal Gear Solid LARP.

One guy just goes all wrestlemania on people and everyone else salutes him and thanks him for it.