Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Reading through this thread, about a hundred pages back someone mentioned their theory that all summons either bring items from a plane of whatever item is summoned or takes the item/creature from elsewhere in time/space. That reminded me of a failed attempt we once had with a bowl of commanding water elementals. The GM, Eric, made our wizard, Nick, roll to see if he could use the bowl correctly. He rolled a 1 and it was determined that it would randomly summon a creature from an encounter table. Nick rolled and got a result of dog. He joked about it being from an elemental plane of dogs and I suggested it be from the para-elemental plane of dachshunds. Thus, he summoned not a water-weird, but a weiner-weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

You say mimic outhouse, all I think of is

Finally caught up with the thread and have some cat piss of my own to share (I may have mentioned this in another thread years ago).

No, I do not gently caress the dragon (or how I learned about furries)

This would be mid 90s, so people involved are around 13-15 years old. Matt, whom I knew from school, offered to run a one on one pregen adventure for me. Sure, I think, this will be fun. Spoilers, it was not fun.

I arrive and am told that I am playing a mid level ranger with a faerie dragon DMPC companion. We set out in a tundra region heading towards...something?...and not much happens for a while. We are attacked by a Remorhaz which the faerie dragon one shots with some sort of breath weapon. We make camp and my ranger is woken in the middle of the night by the faerie dragon performing oral sex on him. I call time out and tell Matt that's hosed up and I'm not going to go any further. He says that my character and the faerie dragon are lovers and my character would be into this totally so why do I have a problem with it? He refused to drop it so I walked out. I later found out that Matt was a burgeoning furry (or scalie in this case, I guess?) which...doesn't really do much to explain things. I only spoke with Matt a few more times and this was never brought up again.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

ItohRespectArmy posted:

that is FFXIV, which is a game where so many people have insanely creative and funny names.

It made my day when I ran into a character named Porkchop Express (my chocobo was also named Porkchopexpress)