Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

I hope Mikrotik can do this in 7.x release of RouterOS. Right now your only option for doing this on your 'Tik or simply on a budget with them would be to build a standard configuration for all devices and then when you want to change the password or something you have to use clusterssh or a script to login and update the pw for all.

Then again, you could be using WPA2 enterprise so you don't *need* this functionality as much... but still... having it centralized is nice if you have a lot of access points.

I'm interested in hearing what people like these days. I touched a Cisco setup years ago and hated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Coworker was just at Interop and Xirrus was demoing their state of the art wireless gear. They had ONE device that was feeding a wall of iPads -- 100+ -- which were all streaming video simultaneously.

:psyduck:

feld fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 21, 2012

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Aquila posted:

Today I convinced my Aruba sales guy to buy Unifi AP's for his house. I find this mildly amusing.

http://www.ubnt.com/content/unifi-3-competitive-upgrade

quote:

Upgrade your Aruba or Ruckus wireless access point to the new UniFi 802.11ac Indoor Access Point with included controller software FREE, a $299 value.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Nitr0 posted:

Yep for $1500 I would say airfiber 24GHz or their 5GHz whenever it releases. Only thing that fits in your price range and speed requirements.

Don't try and do this with AC routers or whatever the hell you're talking about. You'll be in for a world of pain.

What do you think the ubiquiti air fiber 5ghz is? magic? It's directional 802.11AC paired with their AirMax, which is just TDMA.

edit: Pair the right gear together and you can reproduce this yourself.

feld fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 26, 2013

• Locked thread