Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
The home networking thread loves Ubiquiti stuff. When people say they have issues with first gen ac, do they mean the current 802.11ac access points, or something else? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Thanks Ants posted:

I think the home network users skipped the square UniFi AC access points - the original UAPs were $100 a go and amazing value, the current round AC UAPs fall into the same box. The square AC APs were three times the price.

I have a few UAP AC Lite's dotted around the house and they are brilliant. Just waiting for the 8 port UniFi switch to be available over here so I can have everything managed from the same portal.

Thanks. I'm going to be getting a couple of the round AC Pros for the new house.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

It makes me sad my phone options are now just iPhone and Galaxy. Both are good phones, but Windows Phone had so much real potential, and pen input is great for an old person like me who can't type with two thumbs.

• Locked thread