Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intraveinous
Oct 2, 2001

Legion of Rainy-Day Buddhists
We've been implementing the Aerohive APs with the cloud based controller. So far it's been a snap. Web interface is very intuitive while still being powerful. RF performance is outstanding, and the costs aren't too terrible, much less than the Cisco gear we had before.

For an idea of scale, I've installed 12 APs across 3 different areas so far as my pilot, and plan to have about 150 APs up and running by the end of the year. They also have a new router product to do small branch office and home users. 1x1 MIMO Wireless N, a few fast eth ports, USB for 3G/4G backup connection, and a cloud VPN feature to have an automatic connection to the corporate network from where ever it's got internet access. I'm looking at getting a few demo units to use as a replacement for some old PIX 501s I have at small branch offices on DSL lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intraveinous
Oct 2, 2001

Legion of Rainy-Day Buddhists

Caged posted:

I think this probably qualifies me as an idiot, but I definitely saw something in a thread about Wi-Fi that was a small cheap (<£100) device that plugged into a home workers router and established a VPN link back to the office without any input from that user, then shared it out over a built in AP and had a single ethernet socket in case you wanted to plug in a desktop.

I've gone back through this thread and can't find it, and looked at any VPN type threads in here as well, but I have no idea where I saw it. If this sounds familiar can you jog my memory please?

The Aerohive BR100 provides this functionality as well. I'm supposed to have 20 of them coming in a week or so to test them out. I had originally planned to just order 2 or 3 as a test, but when we put in our order for 100 additional APs, they threw in 20 BR100s for free.
https://www.aerohive.com/products/routers/br100

• Locked thread