Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Rescue Toaster posted:

Man I got bit for the longest time by Intel's default settings for the Ultimate-N 6300 adapter. You have to manually go into the device manager and adjust the settings to set channel bonding @ 2.4Ghz to 'Auto' instead of '20Mhz only'. Yes, bonding on 2.4Ghz is often difficult to deal with because of limited channels, but why on earth is that a client setting?

If I know there's no interference, and enable all my AP's to use bonding, why would clients just arbitrarily ignore it? Stupid. Had like 20 new laptops with Ultimate-N's and I had to go one by one and manually set the device manager setting.

Because each set of bonded channels takes up approx 60% of the 2.4 (US) spectrum and you still overlap with a neighboring AP doing the same thing assuming this is a multi-ap deploy.

If only 1 AP then go hog wild I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread