Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sizerp
Dec 3, 2003
t3h pwn
Anybody do a large Aruba deployment in the recent past? Experiences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sizerp
Dec 3, 2003
t3h pwn

Jonny 290 posted:

I work for Motorola (the good one) maintaining the wireless network for Walmart. Our gear is pretty awesome and as somebody mentioned earlier, the AirDefense platform is cool. It's truly something to pop on and track employees walking down the hallways in a distribution center 2000 miles away on the site map.

That being said, I have no idea on what it costs to get involved in Motorola wireless, but I am fairly certain it ain't cheap.

If its any indication, from what I've heard, Motorola wireless costs more than Cisco or Aruba - and THEY aren't cheap.

sizerp
Dec 3, 2003
t3h pwn
We are about to do a big Aruba deployment (2x Aruba 6000s, 250+ AP105s, Amigopods) - we did a small trial of the system (Aruba 2400, 40ish AP105s) and it seemed OK but not terrific - but then I don`t have experience with any competing products.

We are going through all their training courses now before the enterprise-wide deployment, so hopefully that helps me become a little more comfortable with the 10000 things it can do.

What are folks using for corporate or guest authentication schemes? We're trying to sort out if its worth using an external RADIUS server to do machine/client certs or if a simple scheme meets most of our requirements. I think the PKI deployment may not be supportable, at the end of the day - but we're just lab'ing things up again now.

sizerp
Dec 3, 2003
t3h pwn
Just finished taking a few condensed Aruba courses -

- Aruba Mobility Bootcamp
- Aruba Amigopod
- Aruba Airwave Manager
- Aruba Advanced Troubleshooting

Their first level cert (ACMA) is online / you can only register for if you've taken the training (which is ridiculous), but I polished it off, and need to schedule my ACMP shortly. ACMA is definitely NOT CCNA level - its not dead simple ("select all that apply" questions make it more difficult than it would otherwise be) - but I've heard their 'professional' level cert is more in line with the CCNA.

Its strange how obtuse their systems seem before you take the training but how simple they are in reality - the components all just map together strangely (much like the Juniper SSL VLN) but its oddly efficient despite the awful inconsistent UI.

• Locked thread