Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sym
Feb 22, 2006
Where am I?

zalmoxes posted:

Anyone have experience with Meru wireless?
We're considering switching to either Meraki or Meru this summer. I currently have 5 MR16s from Meraki to evaluate for a month, and they're decent, but I havent had a chance to play with Meru gear yet.

The school district I work for has pretty much gone full Meru. The system is pretty straight forward and we have been replacing some of the older Aruba deployments this summer.

The single channel stuff works, but we usually disable it since there is more overhead with the additional handling required by the APs and controller and the only benefit is the clean hand off which is useless in our environment since our users aren't roaming with a streaming connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sym
Feb 22, 2006
Where am I?

Bob Morales posted:

Anyone using Aerohive? Did their webinar thing today, doesn't look quite as impressive as Meraki but doesn't look terrible. Should be getting a demo unit soon.

The school district I work for is rolling out some new wireless deployments using Aerohive with a local HiveManager on ESXi. I believe we will have about 300 AP230s rolled out by end of summer.

I'm currently in the middle of the instructor led class, so far I've been impressed with HiveManager, I like it more that Meraki personally. I'm also impressed with how capable the APs are, they don't fully rely on the HiveManager to function and can be managed quite easily when it is inaccessible.

Sym
Feb 22, 2006
Where am I?

TheGreenBandit posted:

Juniper's path forward is through their partnership with Aruba.

Didn't this partnership effectively die with HP acquiring Aruba. The new partnership for Juniper is Ruckus.

• Locked thread