Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Traeger-Lil-Pig-Electrical-Pellet-Grill-in-Pink-BBQPIG-01/205890227

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Development
Jun 2, 2016

beer cooler sous vide is popular but it’s nice to just spend the extra bucks and get a real immersion circulator.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

toplitzin posted:

Double post:

that skin!

:vince:

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Trastion posted:

And while you are at Coscto you can buy a new bigger freezer just for meat!

please don't give her ideas

:negative:

Development
Jun 2, 2016

doin this big thing of meat for this July 4 weekend:

any tips/considerations for smoking wagyu brisket?

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Chad Sexington posted:

Turned out pretty good. I'm never doing just a flat by itself again if I can help it. The fat from the point really takes it to another level. (Plus allows me to chop up the dry bits on the end and throw a bunch of extra fat in there with some sauce. Yum.)

when you trim the flat how much fat do you leave on?

Development
Jun 2, 2016

separated the point from the flat and put them on our little pellet grill at 225

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Chemmy posted:

Looks beautiful, but a full packer fits on my eensy Traeger.

I’ve never had good results separating. Yours looks good though.

thanks dude! way back we were inspired by you to get one and have been getting good mileage out of the lil' dude. Our main problem is that it's trash at maintaining temperature and constantly will overshoot (set it for 225....ope it's up to 280).

I will say that the SRF gold brisket was worth every dollar.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

How bout dem ribs?

Since we regularly buy Snake River Farms' beef and pork belly (this is fantastic if you guys are into cooking Chinese food like red braised pork or dong po pork), out of curiosity I added some of their Kurobuta St. Louis style ribs to my cart.

Cooked on our lil traeger tailgater (4h @225F) and seasoned with Meathead's Memphis dust:

top: grocery store ribs; bottom: SRF Kurobuta ribs. Lookin pretty similar.

noticeably different sliced.

Above: grocery store ribs.

Above: SRF ribs

comparison:

top: SRF ribs; bottom: grocery store ribs.

Development fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Development
Jun 2, 2016

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Could you please elaborate on what you're seeing or tasting?

From your pictures it looks like the snake river farms meat is darker than the grocery store ribs, like chicken thighs vs. breasts, but that could just be the lighting.

Haha, poo poo yes, I got too focused on posting pics. It definitely felt like that - white meat vs. dark meat. The SRF ribs were juicier but actually had less meat (but they were so good that I didn’t care). The grocery store ribs were good but I felt that a few of the bites were a little dry. The SRF ribs - all of the bites were juicy.