Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Does anyone here do traditional dig a pit BBQ? I feel like BBQ is 1/3 taste, 1/3 chilling with people and 1/3 drama, and pulling out a load of meat from a smoking hole in the ground seems like it would be awesome.

I'm going to be doing our garden at some point soon so I can design it in, 5 ft brick pit, pulley, adjustable air inlets and outlets. Would also do a clay pizza oven at the same time.

Alternatively, I have a lead on a big green egg at potentially cost price. Easier but more expensive and less interesting I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I did a rotisserie chicken yesterday, I was inattentive and it flared up and the outside went crispy, then it stalled. I wrapped it and then took it off at 175F after a lot of messing around with temperature reading.

and it was still really good, far better than roasting a chicken in the oven, despite all the faff. Take home message is rotisserie is great

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I know someone who developed an extremely serious allergy to sesame in his 20s, of those pork is probably the easiest to avoid. Sesame is everywhere

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Yeah if in doubt cut that bit out, but it came from a unique living breathing being so occasional variance is to be expected