Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Hey voice thread! The publishing company I work for is creating some new audio and video products, and we’re looking for voice talent. Our area is IT so you would have to read code, among other stuff. You don't have to be a professional software developer but you need at least some programming experience.

PM me or post here or ozha at manning dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Congratulations blinkeve and thank you and everyone who contacted me. Going from traditional publishing to audio/video is a significant step for us so please have patience - it will probably take some time until everything is ironed out and the work starts.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Hi thread! I posted here last year about needing narrators for technical (IT) books. The call was open only to people with some experience in programming but we are now ready to give a shot to voice actors without such experience. If you can make yourself sound like you understand the subject, I guess there isn't much difference.

The job consists of narrating books that are on average 300-400 pages long. We prefer to pay by page, not by hour and we do editing and production.

PM me or ozha at manning dot com

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Hello again, thread. I'm looking for one or two narrators for technical books.
https://www.manning.com/liveaudio-landing

People with IT background especially welcome, since there are many code fragments to read. If you can't read code, we'll create a glossary of pronunciation for you.
As soon as your sample is accepted you'll get a 200-600 page book. We pay per page.

PM me or post here...