Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
I'm currently voicing a series of short animated videos for an Xbox indie video game called Brand that released a month or so ago.

Would love for you guys to check them out.

Another one coming out soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA5gMRb5dQs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
Blame, sent you a submission. :)

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
Was this a good reading of it?

Apparently mine can't be streamed...

Fiction D fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 30, 2012

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
I'll do that tonight. Your reading is fantastic by the way.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh

The Joe Man posted:

EDIT: Also, I checked out that video. Are you the Troglodyte voice? Sounds good to me, but there's not much I can recommend due to the nature of it being a "monster voice." Any other narration or more natural clips you've done?

Aside from the universe thing, I've recently done a video with the university I work for. I'll post it as soon as it launches, should be a day or two.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
I gave the Captain fantastic a shot. :)

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
I'm the gangly creature next to Miss Delaware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtGC-P1i1Mo&feature=youtu.be

Thoughts?

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh

Soulex posted:

You sound natural which is good.

Nothing noticeable stood out for me, but that also may have been because I was wondering why the camera man loves rack focuses so much.

When you say nothing stood out, do you mean you found the speaking too monotone or boring?

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh

Soulex posted:

Stood out Negatively.

Again, you sound like you are talking with someone, not at them. That is huge in broadcasting.

You did good.

Oh....well that's good! Thank you!

It seems that Delaware and Philly aren't prime areas for voice talent, so it's hard for me to really gauge myself with other professionals in the area. I tried for a brief time to get involved with acting, but ended up only being booked for auditions for business safety videos.

This is an amateurish question but are there agencies that specialize exclusively with voice talent? I'm not sure. Is it better to go with an agency that does it all?

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
Joe Man! Thanks for the reply! Always need a little push from time to time I guess.

One of my good friends graduated from college recently and I wanted to do something special for his portfolio. He's in visual communications and a movie buff, so I decided to try and do a faux movie trailer reading for his portfolio. The plan being that he'll add some text and video to this and make something special out of it to separate himself from the competition.

I'm wondering how this came out. I haven't shown it to him just yet but am planning to show him tomorrow.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
Wow this thread really is dead now...

Shame, I was looking forward to hearing more people's work. :(

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
I need some advice on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA5gMRb5dQs

The voice, the recording, do they sound good? I know it's a monster voice, but I did all of the recording from home because the game company I'm doing this for is stationed in Quebec.

Using a Presonus audiobox and a ST51 condenser mic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
Thank you! I'm trying to branch out and see if there's anything in the Philadelphia area. I have no idea how to advertise voice acting on a resume. The pitches I can hit? Impressions? What's the best way to market a voice talent that's just starting out?