Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001
Name: Whimsy

Specialties: I perform as a puppeteer, so I've worked out voices from gruffy monster characters to high-pitched girly voices - think Cookie Monsters to Prairie Dawn. I've performed character gimmicks in video games either winning the love of the server or becoming universally hated by the community.

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/Whimsy - I only have one recording up from an early draft of a script.

Contact: PM is good. You can also reach me at multiballer at gmail dot com.

Payment: Paypal's good.

I use an AT2025 XLR and I record with Audicity. I've also done some volunteer VO work on voiceactingalliance.com just for fun. I enjoy the challenge of creating a character from a break-down and picture, acting it out in pieces and hearing it all magically come together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001
I'll bump with some questions!

I've been slowly winding down out of some other work I've been involved in, and I'm devoting more time into entertainment. A few years ago, I thought I was crazy to consider this shift, but since getting involved in the Toronto entertainment community, I'm meeting a ton of amazing people and finding that the work itself is challenging and fun. In short, I'm working, I enjoy it and I want to devote more time to it.

I'm taking some acting classes and learning a lot. But one agency stopped me at the gate, telling me to find a vocal coach.

I intend to connect with VOXtalent.com soon, but I want to make sure I've got everything in order. What do I look for in a vocal coach? Are there different kinds? (I once spoke to a voice-for-acting teacher, who made it clear that she didn't do voice-over training, and it felt needlessly awkward).

Also, where do I begin a proper reel? I've done dozens of recordings, but I feel like my initial "formal" demo should be something special while showcasing my talents; would it be appropriate to record old radio drama scripts? One agency suggests that it must be professionally recorded and mixed, which would be fine, but I also want to ensure that I'm using material that's appropriate for a demo.