Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Hey voice acting goons, I’m currently holding a closed casting call, but I’ll let y’all in on it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18umGhRDf64TSCPFZgBW_StQpqrk438A4U_pn8CAxFls/edit

It’s for a visual novel adaptation of The Seagull by Anton Chekhov and while I expect like 75% of auditions to come in during the final hour as they always do, so far I’ve received few auditions for any of the middle aged and older characters, one of whom has the highest line count in the project*, so if that’s up your alley you might have a competitive advantage.

The casting call is closed so I don’t get a thousand kids on webcam mics clogging my inbox but if you know someone who might be a good fit you can go ahead and share this with them, just don’t go reposting on casting call club or something.

* it’s the sexy and vaguely villainous dad. why doesn’t anyone want to be the sexy and vaguely villainous dad? that’s the best kind of dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

The Joe Man posted:

Haven't read it yet but this sounds right up my alley

EDIT: Question: Do you want these in a slight Russian accent or you going for whatever?

The Casting Call posted:

• The subject line of your email should read The Seagull Audition - YourName.
  • Send one file per character you audition for. Format filename as CharacterName_YourName. (i.e. Lubov_ManuelaMalasana)
  • A maximum of 3 takes per audition line is permitted.
  • Do not slate your audition. (Do not introduce yourself in your audition.)
  • Do not add SFX or foley to your audition.
  • Please use your natural speaking voice (do not use a fake Russian accent.)

:v:

but I'm glad you're interested in taking a crack at it. :)

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Megazver posted:

I am actually Russian and I thought FINALLY, A CHANCE TO SHI-

Oh.

It says don't use a fake Russian accent. It doesn't say anything about real Russian accents :eng101:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'll drop an audition in for The Seagull sometime this week. I saw a stage production of it a couple years back and really liked it.

Speaking of Austin, wife and I are going to be relocating to Austin in August or September.

Neat! There's a nice little VO community out here, and it doesn't have the intense levels of gnarly backstabbery that goes on in DFW. Large gamedev community too. It's great. I mean, when there isn't a plague and all.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 20, 2021

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Casting another game, one that's higher profile than others I've cast. Some VA who had been pestering the dev in DMs came to me claiming she already had a role on the project. I discussed with the developer and he said he did not offer her a role, he told her he thought she would be a good fit. (I didn't like this but this was before I came aboard the project and since then all communication about casting goes through me.) I told her what he told me -- that the DMs in question were not an offer of a role, and that he wishes to continue with the casting call, and she's upset with me for not taking her side (like I'm supposed to advocate for her, someone I don't know, over my client???) and being very insulting. This person is a professional casting developer herself. She's given me enough material to destroy her career if I felt like it. This game just pays $3/line. Wild. Acting really gives some people brainworms.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
screaming "I SAID NO SLATE" out loud at my monitor after hearing the nth audition which slates after my casting call said not to.

also encountered a new nemesis: the person who announces which take it is right before that take occurs. They join my rogues gallery alongside other supervillains such as the guy who always slates midsentence :psyduck:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Open casting call for the main character in a high profile game, wow!

Seeking a latine voice actress to portray the psychic magical girl protagonist of Read Only Memories: NEURODIVER, the follow up to 2064: Read Only Memories

edit: role cast :toot:

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
edit: there was a casting call here, but there is not anymore

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 11, 2022