Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triangle Head
Jan 5, 2006

Awesome, a VO thread! Mind adding me to the list?

Name: Triangle Head

Specialties: Female medium-low to high range. When naturally speaking, I sound young (teens to early 20s, med-high). Capable of children's voices (girls and boys). As for goofy impressions, I can imitate Veronica Taylor's Ash Ketchum voice (y'know, from the first season of Pokemon), Jigglypuff (Pokemon yet again), and Stitch from Lilo and Stitch.

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/trianglehead

IMDB/Portfolio: No proper portfolio or demo at the moment, but I've been voice acting as a hobby for years. Some very old SA related samples:

The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing by Chewbot. Only parts 01 and 12 have official audio tracks. I played Billy and Penny.

I also have some ancient voicemail messages that I put together for fellow goons in an old thread in my Tindeck. Hopefully I can get some recent stuff up soon.

Payment: I've got Paypal, but I'm happy to just get more practice. We can talk about it.

Like I said, voice overs have been a hobby of mine for a long time and now I'm trying to pursue it as an actual career. Started out with some miscellaneous Logitech headset, moved on to a Blue Snowball, and now I'm using a Blue Yeti.

The Voice Acting Alliance and Voice Acting Club are good places for practice (and some paid work, if you're lucky). A LOT of stuff on those boards are anime or video game related, but there's plenty of original projects on their too. I've also been meaning to sign up on Newgrounds, but my eyes seem to glaze over every time I look at their message board.

Oh, Edge Studio has a weekly script recording contest with prizes. Even if you don't enter, you can practice with the prompts -- they also have a huge database of free scripts.

MrChrome posted:

I'm a DJ (https://www.djchrome.net) and I've been looking for someone to record some bumpers for me for when I DJ live. My friends and I have tried to make these a few times but they all sound terrible. If someone wants to have some fun, try to record some bumpers like this:

"DJ Chrome, in the mix"

"You're listening to DJ Chrome"

"DJ Chrome, in the mix, live..."

Or anything similar to this. You can be creative. I can do all the post-processing and sound effects.

I don't have any money right now, the most I can shoot you is $5 via paypal. Anything would be appreciated!

Gave it a shot and read the three bumps:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU