Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
8" s2 with lineage 15.1 is the best Android tablet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

WhyteRyce posted:

So what is the best ~$200 8" Android tablet? My Fire HD is super slow if I'm doing anything more than one app at a time (apps force close if I switch between them) but tablets with >2GB seem to be slim pickings unless I pay closer to $300, at which point I might as well just get an iPad echo system be damned

Find an 8" tab s2 and put lineage 15.1 on it

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Schneider Heim posted:

Is there a good tablet to be had between $300-400? I used to own the original Nexus 7 and an Asus 7" one (forgot the model). They work, but they got a bit too slow for my liking even with loading comic apps.

My main priorities are speed, storage size, and battery life. Size is at least 7" but I'm looking to get an 8" one or above for better screen size. I'm just going to use it to read comics which I can't do on my phone.

galaxy tab s2 8"

Has a micro SD slot

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ROJO posted:

I'm in the same camp of really wanting to replace my Nexus 7 but not liking any of the available options. Galaxy Tab S2 is definitely on my list, and i would already have pulled the trigger if it looked like it had better ROM support - but I might just suck it up and deal with the samsung touchwiz junk to get a better tablet with more battery life.

The Tab s2 (atleast the 2016 8" wifi) has official lineageos 15.1 (android 8.1)

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

RFC2324 posted:

Can you root Fire/Nook devices to get normal android on them?

Old ones, not new ones

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

bull3964 posted:

I do say that the be 8.4" one is tempting as a Nexus 7 replacement. I'm still kinda iffy on my Tab S3, the Samsungness of the software still bugs me even on Oreo and I still feel it's too big of a device.

I'll be looking out for more detailed reviews of these.

Buy an 8" s2 and put lineage OS on it. It has an official release.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

I didn't know Samsung released Lineage OS now.

They are moving all their devices to it

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Tab s2 also has pie via lineageos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Kids edition includes a 2 year accident warranty also.