Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I'm seriously considering walking into a Best Buy tomorrow and buying the tf300, finally getting myself a tablet with my tax return. Is there any particular reason I shouldn't, or is the machine free of the round one flaws the prime was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Eh. I don't think I'm willing to drop what will probably be 200-300 dollars more for a device category I don't even have already for what amounts to slightly more resolution on an already small screen and as much extra processing power as can probably be tweaked out of the 300 if I really wanted it. I think 400 is a better price point for me since I'm basically 'trying out' having a tablet. Though I wouldn't mind the brightness.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
No gorilla glass is way more of a concern for me than the higher brightness

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Yeah I' pretty sure I'm going to get it at this point. I'll play around with it at best buy before work tomorrow and if it feels good I'll grab it

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I'm loving the performance of my tf300, but does it seem to anyone else that the colors are a little washed out?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Completely different issue that's only come up since I got back from work: is there any particular reason tablet-side that I should only be getting 1mbps speeds on my wifi?

e: that keeps cutting on and off? I should point out my galaxy nexus is completely fine, no cut out and 70+ speed.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Is there any place you can try out the nexus 7 yet? None of the staples here have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
How hard is it to replace a tablet screen? My SO dropped my transformer on a corner and now there is a big crack though the screen and it won't register touching. I could live with the crack but not if I can't interact with the tablet anymore.