Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

That Spider-Man poster they chose isn't even the worst one.

This is.

The movie used that same aesthetic for it's credits and it felt like a generation behind what an actual teenager would do or think is cool. Granted the 90s zine thing is still better than the "hot yoga and Snapchat" Spider-Man of the Sony email leaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's definitely ugly-as-sin, but at least there's a concept behind it. The other one is a really crappy, lazy version of something that's been put out a million times before. There's no excuse for falling on your face while doing that.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

The movie used that same aesthetic for it's credits and it felt like a generation behind what an actual teenager would do or think is cool. Granted the 90s zine thing is still better than the "hot yoga and Snapchat" Spider-Man of the Sony email leaks.

That fits with them using a drat MGMT song for the first trailer.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

That fits with them using a drat MGMT song for the first trailer.

There's a Spoon song in the actual movie.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

This is.

this looks like captain supermarket and rules

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

There's no excuse for falling on your face while doing that.

Especially since the early Marvel posters were great.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That is a really good trailer.

I know some people poo poo on it, but I absolutely love trailers where they synch the audio and visual cuts with the trailer music.

OK, adding it to the list.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Proteus Jones posted:

That is a really good trailer.

I know some people poo poo on it, but I absolutely love trailers where they synch the audio and visual cuts with the trailer music.

OK, adding it to the list.

Guess you must've gone nuts over Baby Driver, then?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Stussy S

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samuringa posted:

gently caress. I bought that and completely forgot I had it. Welp, I know what I'm watching tonight.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Samuringa posted:

The Incredible Bongo Band and Hocus Pocus by Focus are the two musical acts I always wanted a movie to do justice to and Baby Driver did them both in one movie, it was pretty pretty pretty good.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This is.

so wait, his web fluid list is methanol, paint thinner and acne cream?

I can't say I know much about chemistry, but are we sure he's not building a flame thrower?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Who'd the Brigsby Bear people piss off to end up with this cover for the Bluray?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Who'd the Brigsby Bear people piss off to end up with this cover for the Bluray?

Probably the same "millenials love selfies let's make everything a selfie" exec that greenlit the Heathers remake.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Darthemed posted:

The guy on the left won't be in the picture. I dont know what the movir is about, but from the looks of it, i'd rather have the animatronic bear than him in a selfie...

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's a drat shame because the poster was the reason I was interested in Brigsby Bear in the first place.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Darthemed posted:

Is that one dude playing Logan Paul?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I feel more perplexed every time I see him. He must realize how much of a tool he looks like. He has to.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

How was Brigsby Bear?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Kart Barfunkel posted:

How was Brigsby Bear?

Skip it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I really liked it. Might actually get that Bluray, if a few months go by without a different cover version materializing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I mostly liked it. It's worth a look.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Palpek posted:

I looked through IMP's nominations and chose posters that I would hang on a wall regardless of what I thought about the movie:

That's a great selection, thanks for posting it.
What's the appeal of the Thor Ragnarok one though? I see it posted a lot. I mean, the colours seem gorgeous, but the poster itself feels messy to me.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Nostalgia for Fruit Roll-Ups.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just stumbled onto this doozy

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Acht posted:

What's the appeal of the Thor Ragnarok one though? I see it posted a lot. I mean, the colours seem gorgeous, but the poster itself feels messy to me.
I didn't dig it the first time I saw it when the movie was releasing but while looking at the entire year line-up it stood out.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thor is eaten by the fenris wolf at the end of ragnarok, op

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Krankenstyle posted:

thor is eaten by the fenris wolf at the end of ragnarok, op

Actually Odin is eaten by the wolf. The wolf is then killed either by one of Thor's kids stabbing it in the heart or by grabbing it's mouth and tearing its jaw right off.

Thor kills the Midgardserpent, the sea wyrm that circles the entire world, but not before the wyrm has breathed poison fumes over the entire world killing all humans and poisoning Thor who manages to walk nine steps before collapsing and dying a slow painful death.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FreudianSlippers posted:

Actually Odin is eaten by the wolf. The wolf is then killed either by one of Thor's kids stabbing it in the heart or by grabbing it's mouth and tearing its jaw right off.

Thor kills the Midgardserpent, the sea wyrm that circles the entire world, but not before the wyrm has breathed poison fumes over the entire world killing all humans and poisoning Thor who manages to walk nine steps before collapsing and dying a slow painful death.

ack! correct, my bad. i had Louis Moe's drawings in my mind, and both Thor and Odin are last seen attacking the mouths of Midgårdsormen & Fenrisulven respektively

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

One of the things I appreciated about the original AD&D Deities and Demigods book was that they gave Jormungandr 400 hit points but it would also heal completely in one round, so you had to deal 400 hit points of damage to it in one round. Thor was written to be able to swing Mjolnr four times a round, dealing 10-100 hit points of damage with each hit, so he had to have a lucky streak to kill Jormungandr, which seemed appropriately epic for an apocalyptic battle such as Ragnarok, which I was very familiar with because I was at the age of reading elementary school mythology books. Eight year old me noticed that and nodded, muttering "good one"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

I like that the norse religion was based on "no matter what you do you are hosed and even if you come to Valhalla you will still die in what's largely a pointless battle".

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

This isn't real, it's a fan poster from an on-set photo. Sure is getting a lot of play though.

Calamity Brain fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 22, 2018

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

DetoxP posted:

This isn't real, it's a fan poster from an on-set photo. Sure is getting a lot of play though.

Fooled me honestly. Saw it everywhere today

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

As fan posters go, it's actually good. It helps that it's a lucky shot in the original promo photo, the red and green reflection coming off the top of his head and his leather jacket makes him really stand out from the rest of the frame.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sure looks like a Nicolas Cage movie.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Palpek posted:

Sure looks like a Nicolas Cage movie.

Looks like a crazy Nic Cage flick, which probably means it's gonna be highly entertaining. You just have to avoid the ones in which he's sad.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

What I'm taking from the trailer is that it's a movie about an outbreak of a disease that makes people murder children and Cage with his wife turn on their own kids who have to survive in their house Home-Alone style. I guess child-free will have a new movie anthem. Looks pretty entertaining.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I haven't watched it yet but it's on video on demand services. I'll probably get a group of friends together to drink and watch it.