Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Splint Chesthair posted:

Never forget that Sony had an Aunt May movie in development for a hot second.

What were they gonna do, adapt Trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dr. Killjoy posted:

What were they gonna do, adapt Trouble?

Do you not remember the whole opening scene of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which established that Peter's parents were corporate hacker spies and had thrilling action scenes on airplanes? Presumably it would tie into that, and it would be a period piece showing a young Aunt May doing some kind of cool corporate spy stuff with her brother, and they'd meet some woman and not get at long at first but that would be a source of dramatic irony because the audience knows that that woman and May's brother get married and make a Spider-Man, but the characters don't know that because it hasn't happened to them yet.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

It's flash as in a brief light, and it's metaphorical. Nothing to do with exposing genitals

it's also a brief light primarily because he acts like a gigantic idiot, joins a terrorist organization, and then gets executed by his own father

gundam owns

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

OK first off spoilers. Secondly it's pretty great that in 2020 they're making a big sci-fi action movie about a dude who is so radicalized by the government's poor treatment of climate refugees that he takes a Muslim name and becomes a terrorist, and he's the hero of the story.

I'm also thinking that the removal of the "'s Flash" part of the title might imply that they're changing the ending.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

OK first off spoilers. Secondly it's pretty great that in 2020 they're making a big sci-fi action movie about a dude who is so radicalized by the government's poor treatment of climate refugees that he takes a Muslim name and becomes a terrorist, and he's the hero of the story.

extremely yes

but also, re spoilers, i'm pretty sure the venn diagram of people who care about hathaway's flash from the jump, and people who already know that spoiler, is essentially a single circle, so i kinda filed it under luke's-father/tyler-durden rules

e: re your edit, i'm gonna be kind of surprised if we get a movie about him where he's not the Universal Century's greatest failson :v:

e2: oh my god Hathaway is anime Caro

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 30, 2020

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I was interested in Hathaway's Flash but did not know about that spoiler, so thanks.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Libra posted:

If Morbius died would he become a regular vampire or a dead living vampire?

The zombie universe version of Morbius was zombified, proclaimed himself a "vambie" and thus unstoppable, and was promptly staked by regular Morbius, upon which his corpse apparently combusted and turns to ash. So according to the logic of that comic, Morbius the living vampire became a supernatural vampire after he was turned undead.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'll bite: What?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Gripweed posted:

Do you not remember the whole opening scene of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which established that Peter's parents were corporate hacker spies and had thrilling action scenes on airplanes? Presumably it would tie into that, and it would be a period piece showing a young Aunt May doing some kind of cool corporate spy stuff with her brother, and they'd meet some woman and not get at long at first but that would be a source of dramatic irony because the audience knows that that woman and May's brother get married and make a Spider-Man, but the characters don't know that because it hasn't happened to them yet.

loving seriously

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

beanieson posted:

loving seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rugHdvVhaUs

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Still not the worst Spider-Man story.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

why

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

To show how important Sony laptops are.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lol more important that sticking around to raise your son. Better just shoot out this airplane window.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

marshmallow creep posted:

I'll bite: What?

well, first off: you know who caro is, correct

go re-read that description of the character gripweed gave, and tell me that's not just an exaggerated anime version of loving caro

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It was just so weird because Spider-Man's parents are not important. They are not like Harry Potter's parents or Bruce Wayne's or Clark Kent's. He had one storyline, literally a single extra-sized issue, where he solved the mystery of what happened to them and cleared their names. Then they were a total non-factor until the 90s where they came back as robots. It was only when Ultimate Spider-Man came out at the end of '90s that they were made into something. Now that Ultimate is gone the 'rents are once again nobodies.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

well, first off: you know who caro is, correct

I am not aware of who Caro is, no. Not without more information anyway.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The 90s cartoon used them as a macguffin for a story arc.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/syria-isis-kevin-dawes

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

holy gently caress you are in for a treat, because that is probably one of the craziest stories ever to come out of SA

tl;dr, a goon ran off to syria to be a combat medic after being trained by youtube, got thrown in a syrian torture prison and assumed dead, CIA got him out a couple years ago iirc

and now i'm facebook friends with him because my life is bizarre

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

holy poo poo

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Jesus I haven't thought of that guy in ages.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pennyworth, the tv show about Batman's butler, is getting a second season. So an Aunt May movie isn't too far fetched.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

holy gently caress
LoB your AV is one of the best King of Queens fanart I've ever seen. Kudos.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FilthyImp posted:

LoB your AV is one of the best King of Queens fanart I've ever seen. Kudos.

i'm glad you don't know what that actually is, because i would prefer if it was King of Queens fanart

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm glad you don't know what that actually is, because i would prefer if it was King of Queens fanart

I feel like the true purpose of that art is lost forever after American politics adopted it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

holy gently caress you are in for a treat, because that is probably one of the craziest stories ever to come out of SA

tl;dr, a goon ran off to syria to be a combat medic after being trained by youtube, got thrown in a syrian torture prison and assumed dead, CIA got him out a couple years ago iirc

and now i'm facebook friends with him because my life is bizarre

Also Brown Moses confirmed his death at one point.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/Stultsified/status/1244366084809068546

I imagine that world is better in every way.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I feel like that line at the top about "from the Star Wars universe" is an anachronism for movies that would have presumably started coming out in the 80s.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

That’s cool and all but where the gently caress is Lobot

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

Introducing Jean-Claude Van Damme as "Darth Maul"

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I love the multiple Krull references on those posters, implying they share a universe.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Not seeing any references to Therm Scissorpunch on those posters. What a waste of effort.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

duz posted:

https://twitter.com/Stultsified/status/1244366084809068546

I imagine that world is better in every way.

That droid is just 790 on C-3P0's body

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ha wow

https://twitter.com/ironkodiak/status/1244623624046346240

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

beanieson posted:

That’s cool and all but where the gently caress is Lobot

Whaddya mean, I posted right above y-- oh, never mind.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Were those the Lando is a weirdo libertarian novels?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Lobok posted:

Whaddya mean, I posted right above y-- oh, never mind.

Hey man, it’s good to see you too

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Were those the Lando is a weirdo libertarian novels?

Lando was always a weird libertarian. poo poo, he was willing to sell out his best friend as long as the empire left his little enterprise free of regulation. And then when the government hosed him over in his eyes, he went all Ruby Ridge on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Paper Kaiju posted:

I love the multiple Krull references on those posters, implying they share a universe.

Kegan was Qui Gon Jin all along.