Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Baron von Eevl posted:

You can complain about the budget if you want, it's all up there on the screen doe

Weak follow up. How did you miss "dough/doe?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I dunno, I heard a lot of buzz with press fawning over it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/willscot55/status/1400562179980644352?s=20

None of those images are from the movie; the character on the right/bottom ISN'T in the film. There isn't anything resembling him in the film. Also, the film was made in the early 70s.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Big fan of the tagline just directly calling Asner's character "Asner". It's a documentary

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I am intrigued by the third poster. What is it?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/willscot55/status/1400562179980644352?s=20

None of those images are from the movie; the character on the right/bottom ISN'T in the film. There isn't anything resembling him in the film. Also, the film was made in the early 70s.

Nor is really an interesting film. You might think you want to see Ed Asner in a wrestling film because you think it might be corny chaos. It's just boring.

The highlights are the wrestlers who show up, such as a young Dusty Rhodes and an even younger, dark-haired Ric Flair.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Woo?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Angepain posted:

Big fan of the tagline just directly calling Asner's character "Asner". It's a documentary

lol noticed that too

In a world where Tom Cruise plays a character in that world...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Detective No. 27 posted:

I am intrigued by the third poster. What is it?

Wolf's Calling, a short film associated with the feature film Day of Destruction, which is what the first two posters are for. They're getting released together on Bluray by SRS Cinema. They're only doing a print run of 200 copies though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maXVS0nnKWc

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Nor is really an interesting film. You might think you want to see Ed Asner in a wrestling film because you think it might be corny chaos. It's just boring.

The highlights are the wrestlers who show up, such as a young Dusty Rhodes and an even younger, dark-haired Ric Flair.

The story's also so, so dumb: A World Champion wrestler continually ducks the challenge of the number one contender, which is revealed to be a ploy by the champion to get a match with the challenger.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Biggest image I could find (thankfully), but is the Dreamworks face like a deliberate thing they do?

Sorry for putting a damper on your day with this.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

Biggest image I could find (thankfully), but is the Dreamworks face like a deliberate thing they do?

Sorry for putting a damper on your day with this.

This is it. The worst poster.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks for making me think “A baby shouldn’t be wearing garters”

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Davros1 posted:

The story's also so, so dumb: A World Champion wrestler continually ducks the challenge of the number one contender, which is revealed to be a ploy by the champion to get a match with the challenger.

wait

the champ is not fighting the other guy...in order to fight the guy he's not fighting?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

hexwren posted:

wait

the champ is not fighting the other guy...in order to fight the guy he's not fighting?

Yes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"fight me"
"no, you fight me"
"okay"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

That's a movie that I have no desire to ever see but I'm glad to know that it exists.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

How much is that doggie in the window

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

That's a movie that I have no desire to ever see but I'm glad to know that it exists.

eat poo poo

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

eat poo poo

Bird’s the word

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
What? (I’ve seen Hausu)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sweetu

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Is it a magazine ad for the movie? Looks like there's something printed on the back that's not the same image (so not a double-sided poster).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Detective Thompson posted:

Is it a magazine ad for the movie? Looks like there's something printed on the back that's not the same image (so not a double-sided poster).

It's a photoshoot for a magazine, probably this one, to promote the "upcoming horror fantasy film House," which was evidently shooting at the time.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This is an all-timer. That lovely heart doodle is :discourse:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

In the pantheon of Mom Movies. Which also includes every mom's favorite John Carpenter film:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Oh is it Mom Movie time?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Get on my level, scrubasses

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

King Vidiot posted:

Oh is it Mom Movie time?

... This seems out of place. Replace it with that one movie where Keanu sends lover letters through time via a mailbox.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
My stepmom loves it so :shrug:

I guess you can replace it with any movie with Goldie Hawn or Helen Hunt. I would've said Renee Zelweger but then "any movie" would include Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 13, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tim Robbins as a romantic lead was hilarious and confusing even when it was happening

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

King Vidiot posted:

Oh is it Mom Movie time?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

toooeeeee pick

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

King Vidiot posted:

My stepmom loves it so :shrug:
My mom was fully on board with Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile. She was heavy into action movies though. Anything Bruce Willis and Mel Gibson was always a hit. Not much for Schwarzeneggar, but Junior is definitely a Mom Movie.

King Vidiot posted:

I guess you can replace it with any movie with Goldie Hawn
This dude gets it.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 13, 2021

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My mom met my dad at Despicable Me 2, does that count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Alec Eiffel posted:

My mom met my dad at Despicable Me 2, does that count?
Congrats on either you or your parents traveling back in time