Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeeessssss....

:black101:

Just because there's a poster doesn't mean that there will be a movie. Remember that Rodrigues also made a poster for his upcoming movie Red Sonja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Just because there's a poster doesn't mean that there will be a movie. Remember that Rodrigues also made a poster for his upcoming movie Red Sonja.

Was that the one with Rose McGowan? I've always wondered what that one was about.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Farbtoner posted:

You know how Disney War had that whole chapter about how Hillary Duff got kicked out of Disney because of her crazy mom's demands and then her career fizzled away without them backing her? It looks like Miley Cyrus is entering that same downward spiral.

No I didn't, and now I have a new book to read.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mister Chief posted:

I don't understand why the deer has a zombie head stuck on it's antlers.

Now come on y'all. Surely we could do better than that! What if we'd piss in their eyesockets, kill them, rape them, and use the blood as lubricant?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats not man vs beast. Thats man and guns vs beast. If both sides had guns we would be hosed.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

We could make the movie last longer by having the insects form all kinds of fun shapes, but I meant the movie was over so quickly because the bugs won instantly.

I wonder how many people would recognize the movie as Shakespeare if they picked this up thinking it was a raucous action film. It's not one of his well-known plays and maybe with the cast, the viewer would just think it's some kind of British talk, like Cockney rhyming slang.

I seen it the other month and it's a pretty good movie but it is still a Shakespeare play with all that entails.

I can't wait until a dumb mate picks this up thinking its a cheap action flim.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

quote:

Tomorrow, we will release leftover prints from Texas Frightmare Weekend and the first screening in the Alamo Drafthouse's Summer of 1982 Series. We have HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER by Ken Taylor, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. by Jay Shaw and CONAN: THE BARBARIAN by Jason Edmiston. These are also available RIGHT NOW at our gallery in Austin, TX. If you haven't been by yet, come and say hey. 4115 Guadalupe St. Austin, TX 78751

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. These posters will be available online at a random time on Thursday, May 17th.

http://app.e2ma.net/app2/campaigns/archived/1406483/885b002523c40dabead007d3361d5292/

I have to, HAVE TO get one of those Conan posters, oh gently caress tomorrow is going to be stressful.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Vintersorg posted:

http://app.e2ma.net/app2/campaigns/archived/1406483/885b002523c40dabead007d3361d5292/

I have to, HAVE TO get one of those Conan posters, oh gently caress tomorrow is going to be stressful.

It's cool that it's a film poster and all, but if you're gonna hang some conan on your walls, why not go to the man himself?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Yeah, sitting on the internet until that Nightmare on Elm Street poster goes on sale is gonna be a bitch, but...yeah, doing it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Vintersorg posted:

Does this look a lot more like John De Lancie than Michael Rooker to anyone else?

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Let the marketing blitz begin!

In all seriousness, though, I'm really excited for this. The poster's a little strange, though . . . It looks like two of them only have one leg.

Apparently a teaser's going to be attached to The Dictator. They're really getting the word out on this one.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

The poster's a little strange, though . . . It looks like two of them only have one leg.

Yeah, this is really throwing me off. I can't even look at it anymore. Also, had this not had Anchorman on the poster, I wouldn't know what it was for; by that metric, it's not a very good poster.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

In all seriousness, though, I'm really excited for this. The poster's a little strange, though . . . It looks like two of them only have one leg.

When I first saw it my brain assumed that the person on the far left is wearing pants with 2 different legs and 2 different shoes and I assumed it was meant to be Brick Tamland. I thought it was a pretty funny joke, but now I'm not sure.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Ez posted:

When I first saw it my brain assumed that the person on the far left is wearing pants with 2 different legs and 2 different shoes and I assumed it was meant to be Brick Tamland. I thought it was a pretty funny joke, but now I'm not sure.

See, I thought this was possible too, but then where is Champ? (or Bryan, I guess the guy in black pants could be either one)

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Apparently a teaser's going to be attached to The Dictator. They're really getting the word out on this one.

I think the last two might be standing sideways-on. It made me think of a barbershop quartet, but I can't find a picture that shows what I mean.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Ah yes, these characters are instantly recognizable by their pants at ankle level.

Also, I'm pretty sure they just stretched the entire image down about halfway through.

Gotta fill up that space somehow.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I dunno, I knew what it was as soon as I saw the red trousers/white loafers combo v:shobon:v

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Sockser posted:

I dunno, I knew what it was as soon as I saw the red trousers/white loafers combo v:shobon:v

Well, gently caress.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Me too, and I also assumed that the guys in the back are standing sideways. Y'all are just sniping on this one.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

penismightier posted:

Me too, and I also assumed that the guys in the back are standing sideways. Y'all are just sniping on this one.

They did stretch the image halfway down though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
But where's Veronica Corningstone?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

She went back to her home on Whore Island.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shanty posted:

It's cool that it's a film poster and all, but if you're gonna hang some conan on your walls, why not go to the man himself?

Because Schwarzenegger. :)

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

My brain can't even compute this.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

futureproof posted:

Oh yeah that's definitely Nicholas Cage

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

futureproof posted:

Is basic punctuation not in style anymore? :pwn:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Please tell me that's real. Ryuhei Kitamura directing Nicolas Cage, Mickey Rourke and Tom Waits in one movie is like an opium dream come true.

Edit: AND BILL PULLMAN?! Just pump this movie into my veins. This is going to be the sort of trash that Pauline Kael would cream herself over.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It looks like Cage is sort of sporting a Scientology tattoo.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

The Cameo posted:

This is going to be the sort of trash that Pauline Kael would cream herself over.

Well, there's a mental image I did not need.

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

There's a guard with a pair of swollen testicles who swears you wanted out of here.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Ah yes, these characters are instantly recognizable by their pants at ankle level.

I immediately got it with the Red Pants/White Loafers combo too. Brick's at the front (instinct), then it's probably Brian in the checked pants and Champ at the end.

Thing is, you only really need the red pants/loafers combo - it's a poster for people who were already fans of Anchorman but may not have seen the Conan thing, as if to say "we're back", rather than an appeal to those who don't know about it. Those will come later. For the purpose it serves, it's pretty good.

Also that Marble City sales poster is madness and I hope like hell they've retained that cast by the time the shoot begins.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That revolver is larger than his cranium.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this movie going to be about Nic Cage receiving a body transplant?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Mister Chief posted:

Is this movie going to be about Nic Cage receiving a body transplant?

Finally, a sequel to Face Off!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
He's gonna take his oversized hand and wipe it down the front of his wife's face.

Then he's gonna end up in futureprison with magnetic boots.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I wouldn't be surprised if that's really his body, minus the obvious photoshop touchups. I've worked on one of his films and he's an exercise nut. He has a huge gym trailer on-set at all times and works out whenever he's not actively shooting or rehearsing.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He is in pretty good shape but there was a pretty infamous scene in Ghost Rider where he has CG abs.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Urgh, a buddy of mine just posted this on Facebook. I guess this is the poster that appeals to the action movie crowd over the horror buffs. Isn't the whole point of Prometheus' marketing campaign so far to be insidious and disturbing rather than Whizz! Bam! Boom!

Still going to see it, but that's one hell of an ugly poster.

E: For comparison, here's the poster that I've more commonly seen around. It's a great homage to Alien, plus it gives a great sense of scale - something massive is about to take place etc.

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 17, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Radio Paranoia posted:

Urgh, a buddy of mine just posted this on Facebook. I guess this is the poster that appeals to the action movie crowd over the horror buffs. Isn't the whole point of Prometheus' marketing campaign so far to be insidious and disturbing rather than Whizz! Bam! Boom!

Still going to see it, but that's one hell of an ugly poster.

Oh poo poo, I really like this :ohdear:

What is happening to me?!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh poo poo, I really like this :ohdear:

What is happening to me?!

Its got a real scifi paperback feel to it. I'm a bit annoyed by the photoshopped in face on the blonde lady though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

I think it's good. It's a bit spoiler-y but I think it's pretty interesting. Maybe I don't see enough posters but it stands out to me as showing the protagonists as being terrified. I know that's a trend in horror, but I suppose it's the action-esque context of this that does it.