Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

The Triumphant posted:

You're not kidding, that looks like a drat video game ad.

That kind of makes sense for a film where we're not sure what's real or virtual though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Colm Meaney randomly showing up in movies is my favorite thing ever. Under Siege, then The Rock. It's great.

Going mental at Daniel Craig with the freezer in Layer Cake as well

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Professor Clumsy posted:

The worst part? This is a feature film based on the persona of a game show host.

His catchphrase is "potatoes".

He's a play up of every British 'double entendre' type host going. Keith Lemon is what Bruce Forsyth and Jonathon Ross would be if you stripped all of the poo poo jokes and were just upfront about ogling the cohost/guest on stage. And he's loving hilarious for it.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gonz posted:

The third one's the oldest, too. He worked on Aussie TV soaps.

They all did, all famous Australians have been at one point or another

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm giggling imagining Brian Johnson on a soap opera.

I can give you Gandalf on Coronation Street but no Brian Johnson. And for some weird reason, Pussy Galore and Gandhi as well.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The best bit about the Jack Reacher film is that he's 6'5" tall in the books. It's going to be LOTR levels of tilt-shift.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

^^ oh? hrmmm

It looks like someone backlit and standing on a cliff but I don't know what the backlit part is supposed to be.

I think it's a sword/cliff and the person crouching is Gollum.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I don't know what it is about the sand/dirt kicking up off the ground but it does look like he's lost his left hand somewhere.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The UK system now runs U, PG, 12A (12 unattended, any age accompanied by adult), 15... so that PG13 films can get kids in over this side of the pond, which is pretty worrying when PG13 is becoming the normalised 'bloody summer blockbuster' stateside and 12 films not having the same reputation of violence as 15 and 18's.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

...whilst listening to his death metal album.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

anticake posted:

His full name is Neymar da Silva Santos Jr. Brazillian footballers have a history of going by one name (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Fred, Robinho, Pele, Garrincha, Dunga, Kaka etc there's a crap ton of them). His actual role in the film seems undisclosed so far? Most of the articles are just that he's joined the cast, that he's in the teaser, and that no one seems to have any idea what he's actually doing on camera.

Trying to be the next Beckham, but starting younger and speaking Spanish and Portuguese. At the moment he's one of the best strikers for the biggest* side in the world and he has little competition for movie roles; Messi's a robot, Suarez is an ugly bitey racist, Ronaldo is making movies about himself anyway, and Bale is a balding monkey man.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The producers deserve kudos for being brave and not calling this Gnomeo & Juliet 2: and going for the better title.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I really think that there was a time in the late 90s where you could've got a major studio to make a movie about vulcanologists who go inside a volcano and are hunted by lava sharks

Dear Warner Brothers, I have in my hands a treatment for Aquaman II...

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Sherlock is literally a decade old and more or less popularized that iconography of having text messages appear as floating text on screen rather than having characters read text aloud, constantly cutting to screens to show text, or having pointlessly showing holographic displays pop up. Of all the things to criticize it for that isn't one of them.

:lol: they nicked it (and season 4 plots) from bloody Hollyoaks.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Madkal posted:

Maybe it's the perspective but it doesn't look like Kong is holding on to the building at all so I think he is going to fall first.

I have never seen the movie. Does a speedboat come out of the crocodile's mouth at any point in the movie?

Something better

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

That looks an awful lot like one of those slip covers they put over a bunch of different movies to make them all look the same on the shelf.

I think it’s an entry into the ‘how Bond can we make the actor look before we get a letter from the Brocolli’s?’ competition.

Vs

There’s a Brosnan poster for something that’s even more blatant, maybe the Thomas Crown Affair?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goodog posted:

Well it worked, because Barbara Broccoli saw scenes like this and put Craig on the shortlist. The screenplay even describes XXXX as holding the gun like Bond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bVbzxFSWL8

Ironically it was Matthew Vaughn who really wanted to be part of the Bond reboot. Craig was indifferent to the franchise until they showed him the script.

The scene worked, but the poster change is only to try and catch people after the fact.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Didn’t that rumour get debunked?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

That looks like Thunderbirds 2086.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Lobok posted:

God I love Japanese titles (I said TITLES)

Thunderbirds 2086, known in Japan as Scientific Rescue Team Techno Voyager

It was so good, we had three randomly taped episodes on VHS years ago. The titles are on YouTube.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

He somehow looks like every Italian football player all at once.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Hot drat I never saw Kamen rider but that's a nice looking poster.

It really is. I can’t work out quite what it’s aping but it’s such a distinct silhouette

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gonna feel dumb when Leto’s playing a graphic designer in his next film and all these posters are just method preparation

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

DarkSol posted:

If Chris Pratt had really leaned into the accidental Linda Belcher impression schtick for the whole movie, I'd be more impressed with the film as a whole.

Linda Belcher is played by a man doing a specifically Brooklyn Italian-American voice though?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

Imagine it's based on the David Blane art thing where he spent a month in a glass box above London

It took two days for the driving range to be set up. :britain:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Is Neill Blomkamp not big enough a sell to get on the poster?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Imagine having to try and come up with a way to communicate the complexities of time travel and finding a way to top this scene though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

VROOM VROOM posted:

there's a ring

Man loves a halo