Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

BullChicken posted:

So what do people think of the new JDatE poster? I kind of like it but thought they could have used something more interesting.

I like it but I'm not sure if I like it just because it doesn't look like every other poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Palpek posted:

I like the DVD covers for a recent Polish re-release of a few Charlie Chaplin classics:

I've seen all these movies. One of them is even near the top of my favourite movies list. I would never have seen any of them if these were my first exposure to them.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Ez posted:

For a theatrical poster yeah, but this is specifically made for fans of the movie.

And who says it can't be both?

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

What are you talking about? Batman & Robin was the most Batman movie until Batman Begins came out. Schumacher actually read a Batman book (even if it was from the 50s) before he made a Batman movie, unlike Tim Burton who once heard Batman was a superhero who fought a bank robbing clown and went from there.

And yet Burton did it better. Just because something is like the source material doesn't mean it's good.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Maarak posted:

I saw it last Friday, and it's kind of an uneven mess. There are definite strong points, but it feels like the theatrical cut is significantly removed from what they original intended to do. I can't quite recommend it, but it was a very interesting watch.

Worth a $4.25 matinee or should I just see Tintin again?

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

There's actually another poster for Red Tails. Not exactly terrible, but floating heads :suicide:

And this is how I discovered that there was another poster:

Yeah.

I'm having a really hard time reading his expression.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

veonenergee posted:

As per my previous post, I like illustrated posters and minimalist posters (done right). Mondo's collective of posters from various artists are loving awesome in that regard. Saw someone post the My Neighbor Totoro variants from Olly Moss, but really, Mondo's whole archive of movie posters is pretty drat great. [link]

Some of my favorites are from Tyler Stout and Olly Moss:

Tyler Stout

That's a great poster except it makes me think the title is "KUATO LIVES" even though I've seen Total Recall.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

It's been nearly 8 years since Kill Bill Volume 2 came out. I don't think The Whole Bloody Affair is happening.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How is this story untold?

Seeing as this is another origin movie, from what I've heard? It isn't in any way.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

Got this in today, the artwork is ok, nothing terrible or good although it looks like Ewans left eye is about to pop out.

I had never heard of it before so I decided to look it up and found this poster that just messes with my head.

Then I found this awful poster which looks like the cover to a trashy romance novel.

"A chef and a scientist fall in love as an epidemic begins to rob people of their sensory perceptions."

I kinda get this with the composition of the second poster but none of the others.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

fenix down posted:

If he didn't have the machete, it could be the start of a very romantic interlude.

You're just dating the wrong women and/or men.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Where's the Seth Rogan hate coming from? Seriously, did he kill somebody's dog or something? He's naturally funny and brings a lot of charm to his roles even when that role is being the kind of person you'd hate.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

21 Jump Street actually looks alright. I didn't mean to imply that I thought it would be terrible, just not half as good as Hot Fuzz. And the poster is still awful, regardless of whether or not the movie is good. It's being made by the Clone High team, though? That makes me all kinds of excited. That should be on the poster somewhere. "From The Creators Of 'Clone High' Comes 21 Jump Street".

:ughh:

The first trailer I saw for this actually looked pretty interesting up until the end. Getting super powers and loving with people in several different ways is totally cool, but making a lovely driver drive off the road simply will not fly! Then the guy's friends all think he's evil and should be stopped or something?

They were all being dicks with their powers. He wasn't the only one.

I'll probably still see it, but on a Saturday/Sunday morning when I only have to pay $5 for it.

They killed a man.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

The kid is a dumb teenager who is like look how loving badass I am I can make the clouds show the rude finger muahahahaha.

That's the idea, yeah.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Pascallion posted:

Is there a universe where this movie is as awesome as the poster and can I go there?

Yes. It's called this universe, but good loving luck finding a copy.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Suburban Commando is an amazing film and I'll hear no ill words spoken of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Trump posted:

Except it isn't the exact same silhuette???

It is, just very slightly tweaked. It looks like they just used the refine edge tool in photoshop because parts of it line up loving perfect.