Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

CyRaptor posted:

Out of morbid curiousity I just watched a handful of trailers for this on Youtube and literally every shot of this character has his right hand in his, er, apparently-not-pocket. What exactly is the story there? I'm almost afraid to ask.

The main character is played by Jamel Debbouze (who also directs), who lost the use of his right arm. In his films his characters generally keep their right hand in their pockets so that this isn't immediately obvious unless you're actively looking for it. He's probably most well-known outside France as the slightly dim vegetable stall assistant in Amelie and as one of the four main characters in Days of Glory (where the arm thing is slightly more noticeable, since he can't use a rifle).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jedit posted:

^^^^ Adding more reasons not to watch that, I see. The only positive thing I've seen about it is the casting of Joe Gilgun as Cassidy.

It got one mediocre review. All the others are (so far as I know) genuine, and certainly both Empire and Total Film really liked it.

Eh, it's seems to have had quite a few mediocre reviews. For the broadsheets Peter Bradshaw also reviewed it for the Grauniad and gave it 3/5 and the Telegraph gave it 3/5. Variety's review (no star rating) echoes a bunch of the others I've seen: heaping praise on Hardy but being very lukewam about everything else. Granted I haven't seen it yet, but it seems like a fairly standard case of a great performance in an otherwise fairly run of the mill film. Incidentally, though I haven't read Total Film in ages I still assumed they were a fairly decentish source for film writing, but their Legend review seems really clunky and amateurish- anyone know if that's their standard now, or am I just being overly critical?

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Gotta be honest, this page is pretty cursed so far.

Recently watched a wonderful movie called On Body And Soul, and the posters are about as uninspired as they come.

Like, at least use one of the many beautiful shots in the actual movie if you're gonna go this route.

Agreed, this is a fantastic movie which is way, way more odd and interesting and beautiful than bad posters make it appear

Even if you're going to go for a lazy text-over-face-from-the-film format, at least do this:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

^^ :argh:

Origami Dali posted:

What's the greatest movie poster ever made

Obviously

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I was going to post it, but since it has already been posted, I will take you all on a four part jounrey of one picture of Nicolas Cage

I've never seen a decent bit of promo art for this film. I wonder how many people have watched it thinking it's just another cheapo cage action flick and then are pretty much immediately confused (and delighted?) as hell