Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Nate Breakman posted:

The Prince of Egypt was good. >:[

Well obviously it wasn't a faith-based film then!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It sort of looks like they were compelled to ape the Braveheart blu-ray cover for some reason.

Which, incidentally, is not bad by any means, and pretty accurately reflects "this is a movie about William Wallace" without throwing unnecessary crap in. But it's hard to see any reason to deviate from the well-known DVD/VHS box art:

It might be just a tad on the cheesy side, but it's one of the better examples of the "main character + floating stuff and some fire" trope. Everything is well-placed.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

kiimo posted:

I know everyone hates floating heads for some reason but there is nothing wrong with this Blu-ray cover.

Why do people want to keep using the same old design when you can create new ones?

If it's still the same movie and there was nothing wrong with the original cover, I see no need to create a new one. The only logic behind it seems to be "argh, this old thing will never sell the way it is, we need something more hip and current!" which of course is the archetypal bad-reason-to-do-a-thing in any artistic endeavor.

Naturally this is all the more annoying when you're of the opinion that the new one is worse, and I'd say it is. The original cover looks like one coherent and well-composed image that shows a bunch of stuff related to the movie, whereas the new one looks like a bunch of images slapped together. It's not the worst thing ever, it's just... worse.

EDIT: The one that was just posted above is much more acceptable, even if it's still arguably unnecessary.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Man that Avengers poster is weird. The whole thing is stylized enough where you'd think they could just go crazy with the contrast and HDR on everyone and have them all come out looking roughly uniform, but somehow it still has that copy-and-paste effect.

And as for the sizes of the characters... I don't even know where to begin.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

If I remember correctly, there wasn't much RAH RAH AMERICA at all. 'Captain America' was a pathetic propaganda pawn for buying bonds, his powers came from a foreign scientist and his team consisted of several different ethnicities and nationalities.

But if you aren't seeing the movie in the first place, all you know about it is the phrase "Captain America" and that probably gives off enough of a "this movie isn't for me" vibe on its own.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Farm Frenzy posted:

Its got a real scifi paperback feel to it. I'm a bit annoyed by the photoshopped in face on the blonde lady though

Same, I don't mind it except for the faces. The blonde lady because of how fake it looks, and the brunette lady because of her expression. She just looks like she really needs to go to the bathroom.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Alhazred posted:

It seems like he's trying to push Dakota Fanning into the flames.

I've heard of fanning the flames, but this is ridiculous! :rimshot:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

demolina posted:

What are people's reasons for not liking the minimalist Jurassic Park poster? I'm really taken by it and wondered what the main issues with it were.

It kinda feels like somebody took the actual Jurassic Park logo, then arbitrarily said "this needs to look about 34% more hipsterish". I don't have a raging vendetta against that aesthetic like some people do, but it's just so unnecessary here. Just the original logo on a black background would be better in every way.

The E.T. one is good, but I don't like the color scheme. It seems unnecessarily bleak and doesn't capture the magical feel of the movie at all. Needs more blue.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Legitimately looks like a Robert Zemeckis CGI movie. :gonk:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Young Freud posted:

In the 25th century, the corporate cartel, the Bloeugrancey, have taken over France, then the world, and are now working on the solar system. They're are pockets still on Earth that exist outside the Bloeugrancey, where a reactionary trend to all the glowing cyberpunk poo poo is aping an idealized, '30s, film noir lifestyle. In New Orleans, a returning French Foreign Legion vet has to work with the Resistance to prevent Cajun mob lords from selling out to the Bloeugrancey.

Meanwhile, The MANATCA are hatching a plot to reclaim their syndicate's former place in the organized crime hierarchy.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Physical posted:

I just hope she is good in it. Her voice acting on the Simpsons episode was kind of lame and I'm not sure whose fault that was.

Aside from possible qualms with the quality of the writing, Simpsons-style guest voices are always hit-or-miss because voice acting is very different from regular acting, and the talent only occasionally crosses over. Especially for someone like Lady Gaga who probably wouldn't even consider herself to be a "real" actor.

Most of the legitimately good Simpsons guest voices have been legitimately great actors who figured out how to adapt to the medium.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Return of the Revolution: Rise of the Retaliation Rising: Origins 3D

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Luke Wilson really has to pee, but all that inconsiderate clod Samuel L. Jackson can think about is posting about it on Instagram using his favorite filter, "Kelvin".

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It looks like Kingsley isn't sitting down, but instead is leaning and checking himself out in a mirror.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

FUN FACT: Daredevil himself made this poster.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
They turned The Rock into Samoa Joe.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

mr.capps posted:

The simplest reading of that face is "attitude", which really does 14-24 olds.

Exactly; it's the new sunglasses. It feels a bit condescending.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It was such a wasted opportunity creating an entirely separate character with an entirely separate revenge plot to become Venom, instead of just using Harry. But apparently it was just THAT important to have Hobgoblin Other Green Goblin as a villain, and then barely use him at all.

Of course, that would have pissed off comic book fans because Harry probably never becomes Venom in a comic. Just one more way that movie was spoiled by trying to please too many different people.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

computer parts posted:

Man of Steel, at least in some of the beginning.

The entire last hour, if not more, was fighting. Entire scenes could easily have been dropped from that portion, such as the redundant battle with two minions who were basically just weaker and more forgettable clones of the main villain. Or the weird little Daily Planet side story that served no purpose other than to awkwardly evoke 9/11.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

un-TIMGing it because it somehow looks even worse up close :neckbeard:

ThatPazuzu posted:

I always laugh when I see this one. I don't know, maybe it's the hair but he reminds me just enough of Michael Cera to make it hilarious to me.

His impeccable sense of timing is a major asset on the battlefield.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

CaptainHollywood posted:

Umm.... this does not look good.