Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fox Mulder
Mar 29, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

MASSIVE longshot but do any of you suspect what movie this poster might be for

A bunch of people rougly arranged in a triangle and there appears to be a woman on the right of the poster gasping or screaming.

Below is something black and white that might be something similar to the cast photos form this poster from the same era

or something else entirely or another ad below that just blends in with the poster because of the distance and low resolution.

blown up into a complete blur:

The photo is from 1975 but since it's from Iceland the movie might be a few years older. Though this is from the town by the US army base where things arrived a bit earlier in those days.

The film is Wicked Wicked from 1973, notable for being the first and last film presented in MGM's wondrous new "Duo-Vision".
Meaning the entire film is viewed in split screen with the action alternating between sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fox Mulder
Mar 29, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

Holy poo poo.

How? I mean, I am impressed

Woman screaming suggested horror film, and while Iceland wasn't exactly known for its volume of domestic films in this era, FreudianSlippers mentioned that the photo was taken in a town near a US army base - which adds to that "horror film" hunch. Working backwards from 1975, I just checked all horror film entries on imdb looking for the woman in westborn's clearer photo. Didn't have far to go.

Fox Mulder
Mar 29, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Amazing.

I knew I was right to trust in the poster thread.

Hold up there cowboy, now you gotta spill why you needed this poster on a grainy old Icelandic photograph identified. That sounds like a story.

Fox Mulder
Mar 29, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Not really.

Someone on Icelandic twitter posted the photo and asked movie buffs to help him identify the poster, purely out of curiosity. A bunch of people, me included spent hours trying to find it through various means but to no avail. Then I decided to try the power of the internet. However someone beat me to posting it on Twitter using the same method but on Facebook instead of SA.

Basically just a case of the mundanity of social distancing being broken by pointless curiosity.

And now I have to watch the film for the April horror challenge, though I suspect tracking down a copy might be a hassle since it isn't on streaming and probably isn't known enough to be easily available through other means.

Well I still enjoyed hearing it.

Yeah, finding a DVD might be your only, uh, legitimate option.