Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I looked at your concept and I think it can be slightly improved.

Adam Lambert is the Crow. He is killed in the middle of being absolutely fabulous, and is empowered with the powers of being the Crow, whatever that means, so he's undead and has the power to rock or something. His mentor is Lou Reed, but Adam Lambert rejects that, because Lou Reed is way too dreary and sees everything in black and white. Lambert thinks undeath needs more colour and being gorgeous. Lou Reed sulks away and Lambert finds a better mentor, Rupaul, who teaches him the powers of Charm, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent.

Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are Lambert's rivals, and they act as recurring feuding partners with Lambert in making the world absolutely fantastic and amazing and delightful in their own special ways. Everyone is always much happier when the three of them appear together. The second act has them joining forces to defeat something terrible and poo poo, like I dunno Creed or Nickelback.

Gaga and Perry are respectively nearly killed by the assistant of a mysterious villain (the assistant being a zombified Johnny Cash), but are afflicted with some dumbass dark disease so Lambert must confront the dull villain to save them. Rupaul reveals a whole new power to Lambert which he harnesses to fly across a rainbow stream to another part of the undead world. He ends up in a cemetry.

Holy poo poo, Lou Reed is the mastermind after all! Lou Reed reveals he was trying to groom Lambert to be the harbinger of doom and gloom and make the world darker etc etc etc and too bad Lambert was too darling to be into that kind of poo poo. Lambert is like, "bitch, please" and with a flick of his little finger destroys Lou Reed's negativity and dresses him up in an Alexander McQueen and some beautiful Jimmy Choos. Lou Reed cries and learns to move on from being so boring.

The movie ends with a gigantic Glee party with Lambert singing alongside Gaga, Perry, and Henry Rollins too, because why not.

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I doubt this would beat Clifford in the amazing movie poster department, but it comes close.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Desperado Bones posted:

I had to go and look for more of emo-crow. I can't stop laughing! Look at his face!

~*ANGST*~

This is why we need Adam Lambert to be a fabulous Crow and the whole show to be formatted after Rupaul's Drag Race :smug:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm just gonna assume that Gina Gershon is under that Burqua.

When I saw the title I thought it was something to do with the Ground Zero mosque controversy and wondered why the tagline was so... strongly-worded. It turned out it's a Turkish action film :psyduck:

quote:

The film follows two anti-terror officers from Istanbul, sent to New York to find and bring back a Turkish religious leader, codenamed Dajjal, who was arrested in the United States and who will be delivered to Turkish authorities by the FBI. The film emphasizes the rise of Islamophobia in Turkey and the United States after September 11 attacks, seeking to answer the question of whether innocence or guilt even matters to one who lusts for vengeance.

The three names in the posters are not even the main actors.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I don't really know if the tagline is a "joke" or as a selling point, but the movie is (predictably) terrible.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

This is a 2012 movie :psyduck:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

What the hell is that thing on the right?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Burn all movie posters

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

A Haunted House? Why don't they just continue the staple of "X Movie"?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

TetsuoTW posted:

Because they already made Scary Movie and no-one wants to be associated with Friedberg and Seltzer?

I was under the impression those Friedberg/Seltzer movies are huge moneymakers regardless of quality and people still want to watch them.

(I thought the obvious choice would be "Paranormal Movie")

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The MSJ posted:

Can we confirm that the actors here have their own heads and bodies?

Onset pictures suggest they are:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I hope Warm Bodies is just a hetero version of Bruce LaBruce's Otto

Bruce LaBruce also made another very odd film:

Guy loves gay zombies getting it on.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Vegetable posted:

Anything to get kids to read classics, I have no problem with that.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Mike From Nowhere posted:

I'm gonna need a source on these because I refuse to believe they are real.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wuthering-Heights-Emily-Bronte/dp/0007326742/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250599705&sr=1-5 you can still buy a copy!

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 1, 2013

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

ShufflerZero posted:

You may regret that request...

All that but no Kathleen Turner?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Zzulu posted:

I always wanted to see how they edited posters before Photoshop or similiar programs were around

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Red_Museum posted:

I remember when this was going to be Spielberg and Will Smith

Can't wait to watch him shoot emotionally-wretched scenes by showing us the back of the actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THh1pPWEoWs

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Why do all these bad minimalist posters always go "It's the [MCGUFFIN], the [PLOT ELEMENT YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT UNLESS YOU WATCHED THE FILM (SOMETIMES AT LEAST FIVE TIMES)]"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I looked at that last one and thought it was just a generic bad fan poster until I noticed the eyes, then it became amazing(ly terrible).

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Here's the best fan poster

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Still better than Cloud Atlas.

That's pretty true.

E: better picture

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Vagabundo posted:

Meanwhile, in Wong Kar Wai news, here's some posters for his upcoming Ip Man biopic, The Grandmaster.

The German one. The colour scheme makes it look a bit like a Kung-Fu Pisschrist.

US version 2. Probably my favourite of the bunch.

Having watched the film the German one is probably the most representative of the movie, because it's (spoilers on the type of movie The Grandmaster is) close-up shots of a lot of people talking and reminiscing, while bathed in golden light, with very few bits and pieces of fighting here and there. It's absolutely unlike any of the other Ip Man shows.

I do like that last poster but that tagline "Once upon a time in Kung Fu" is so loving dreadful, especially when the movie is actually representative of the end of the romanticised Chinese martial arts era.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

HorseRenoir posted:

Only tangentially related to movie posters, but it looks like someone's finally perfected the experience of wearing a terrible Mondo poster:

I hope the sole income gained from this shirt is from people buying what they think is cool as their grandchildren's Christmas present.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I would prefer if the mondo posters still get posted but the word "mondo" does not appear in any of the posts or the responses to it, because it's very tiring to see cyclical page-long rants against/for Mondo (and not much about the posters) after.

In all honesty I feel the rage against the Boogie Nights poster would not be as intense if the responders did not know it was from Mondo.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Shia Lebouf's new movie wasn't very good but it has a nice poster:

The alternate though seems a bit too colourful.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

:| really now.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

wyoming posted:

The best thing about that movie is the soundtrack. The second best thing is that they released a pan and scan VHS version.

Where can you get the Taint soundtrack?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

wyoming posted:

They've got it up on soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/user494923

Thanks for this!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I've never seen this poster for Click before

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Between Falling Down, Straw Dogs, and To Kill a Mockingbird, A Christmas Story is the film that poster least resembles.

Throw some green on there, christ.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

bowser posted:

Adam Sandler's new movie adaptation of that one Futurama episode?

Judging from those Sony email leaks disparaging Sandler and his movies, these posters are probably the only good things to come out from that film.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Jokes about political incorrectness in TYOOL2015???

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I have honestly never seen anybody anywhere other than the few people in this thread call Emillia Clarke a terrible actress, but please enlighten me if you can.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

that is not helping

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w81g199L8YA

The movie will probs be poo poo but this marketing move is kinda cool

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAi0iD4orL4

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i haven't seen or read anything about green inferno but the poster seems to be making fun of slacktivism rather than liberals, i cant really see a problem with that

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I think that's the movie where the male lead is raped by a monster and becomes pregnant with a radish baby monster

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.