Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Blue Velvet 2: Blue Harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Rogue1-and-a-half posted:

That cannot be Albert Brooks. That is not supposed to be Albert Brooks, is it? I will beat someone if that is loving supposed to be Albert Brooks.

It's supposed to be Albert Brooks. You know what you have to do.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cartoon Man posted:

Please tell me they are making a Liam Neeson action figure to go with this movie.

They made one for The A-Team, so one can only hope.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TetsuoTW posted:

Campbell has charisma and isn't a terrible actor though.

Plus he was in Army of Darkness, and he at least appeared in some blockbusters like the Spider-Man movies. Putting him at the same level as Kristinna Loken, who was a robotic villain with hardly any dialogue in one mainstream movie and a bunch of direct to video crap isn't a fair comparison.

Also, a 300 parody? In 2012? Really?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Wolfsheim posted:

It was in the early teasers, actually.

Warning: watching that will remind you how awkward and clunky CGI was in 2001.

Looks about as clunky as the CGI in the first person trailer for the new Spider-Man.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I feel like Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton just sit around on the couch listening to Joy Division and Bauhaus all day until Johnny Depp shows up and they can make a movie.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I saw the trailer for the trailer (:psyduck:) for Total Recall and I really liked the look of it. I have no clue how good the movie will be, but the sets and costumes looked really nice. I can't think of many actors with less charisma than Colin Farrel though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

AFewBricksShy posted:

You should watch In Bruges. It will make you like Colin Farrel.

I'll check it out! I'm not opposed to having my mind changed, I just can't recall the last thing I saw him in where I found him appealing or memorable. I've heard good things about In Bruges though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm just trying to think of movies I've seen him in and all I can think of are a bunch of early-mid 2000's movies like Alexander, SWAT, and Daredevil and they were all awful. I'll add In Bruges to my que!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Vagabundo posted:

Only this one, apparently.

I really dig this poster. There's a really lovely/run down movie theater near my parents' house and they had this poster tacked up with thumbtacks on the wall. I was this close to stealing it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Vagabundo posted:

Didn't David Carradine die a while ago? When did they film that?

It's only been... wow, three years? Guess he must have finally gotten Chev Chelios' heart.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Vagabundo posted:

Hardy and Pine had the same body, only flipped on the theatrical poster, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. The part about the legs, I mean.

There was a giant billboard in my neighborhood with that poster on it. I got to see a Photoshop nightmare every day on my way to work!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I don't care for the tagline, but that poster is really nice.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hey Man, Nice Shot? Really? I think I've heard that more times in movie trailers than on the radio.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Kush posted:

But I have to ask, what is wrong with Liotta's face? drat, son.
I'm not entirely sure, but it's been happening for years.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Jedit posted:

Why, for the love of God? Every Mondo poster I've ever seen has been the most pretentious and downright loving ugly thing imaginable.

They're hit or miss for me, but that What's Opera Doc? one is pretty much perfect.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Gonz posted:

LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I honestly think they should have left Dredd's helmet on for that movie, since Stallone's lower jaw does all his acting anyway.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Peanut President posted:

I'm pretty sure Sonic is just a cameo, he isn't even "in" the movie like the other characters. Disney must be stuck in the 90s if they think kids are going to go "HOLY poo poo IT'S SONIC" when they'll probably go "who's the blue retard?".

I take it you're not aware of the Sonic fandom. Please let me direct you to the Sonic the Hedgehog fanon wikia, where

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Chwoka posted:

The fourth one over has pores everywhere except on his nose.

They don't call him Samuel "Smoothnose" L. Jackson for nothing.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

GonSmithe posted:

Here, let me oversell it for you:

All I know about All You Need is Kill is the title and this image, and it's already one of my most anticipated movies of next year.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Der Shovel posted:

Just that these days it seems many studios value big names more than actual talent in voice acting (which is not exactly the same as ... well, call it full body acting, if you will) and that ends up hurting the movie because the performance isn't as good as what you'd get from a less known professional voice actor. You don't get a character, you get Tom Cruise or whoever, because that's what they want. They want Tom Cruise. If the viewers can't tell it's Tom Cruise, what's the point of hiring Tom Cruise?
It's especially weird with the Chipmunks movies. They have fairly big names playing the Chipmunks, then pitch their voices so much you can't even tel it's them. I don't see the point whatsoever.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
It's nice to see character posters that are both consistent and not Photoshop Frankenstein disasters.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Kevar posted:

Seriously, who does that Happy Together cover? It sounds like Filter or some other 90s alt-rock bullshit.

The rest of the music was kinda "whatever" but then that song kicked in and I was actively embarrassed.

It is Filter, the top comments are all people asking for the song. I didn't think Filter had more than one song.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Rahonavis posted:

"This shouldn't happen to a Tyrannosaurus, but it did!"

By the way, if you are a connoisseur of bad movies and you have not seen "Theodore Rex", fix that. Of all the bad movies I've ever seen, this one is the most... special.

I particularly appreciate the triple-sneakers.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I actually dig this one:

That whole selection isn't terrible for fan-made posters, but this is the only one I'd admit to actually liking.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So the tips on these sold out zombie bullets are green. Is that it? Because that's all I can tell that's any different.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Wendell posted:

Scary Movie 3 has an extended 8 Mile parody because they ran out of horror jokes. I have no idea why anyone praises that thing.
It has some really good sight gags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

GonSmithe posted:

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
As a cutesy picture that shows up on Tumblr, yeah, I like it. As a poster I'd hang on my wall? Eehhhhhhhhhh

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

HorseRenoir posted:

Am I the only one who hates those old-timey paper filters that are on every single minimalist poster? It's like the designer is saying "yeah I know this poster is uninspired and boring on it's own, but what if I add this?!". Seriously, go take any minimalist poster and imagine the filter isn't there; they get even more outrageously lazy and awful.
Well, adding some kind of texture makes it more interesting. However, when it's one vector image on a color field with nothing else to look at, it's gonna be boring either way.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Dick Trauma posted:

Holy poo poo, is he supposed to be The Mandarin? I see a bunch of rings... :fap:
Yeah, he's the big villain in Iron Man 3.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Young Freud posted:

Only God Forgives looks like it continues this is oh so big a way.
I think that's just because Refn really likes his 80s-esque dreampop.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cacator posted:

I'm happy just having this:

I have the Tron Legacy Daft Punk glow-in-the-dark poster too, but that's more of a Daft Punk poster than a movie poster.

I have a tiny 11x17 of this up with some other posters, it rules.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Nybble posted:

If anything, THAT'S how you do a spoiler tag-line.
It's on the real poster too. Well, the actual one says "950,000 miles" but who's counting? :v:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So I see you found a diagram from my 8th grade sex ed class.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Red_Museum posted:

Set during the 70s, if you can belive that

If it wasn't brought to my attention that Clive Owen was in this, I would've thought this was actually a movie from the 70s. That's a pretty authentic poster.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Basebf555 posted:

So now they just make generic parody movies where they just throw in whatever the gently caress they feel like parodying with no rhyme or reason to it? How long has this been going on? At least the Scary Movie series sticks to one genre. How is the Hunger Games even remotely connected to Avengers?
There doesn't need to be any connection to anything. It's just cherrypicked pop culture references crammed on the screen pretty much at random. Even Scary Movie 3 had a Matrix parody in it, and that's a movie I actually enjoy.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Popelmon posted:

They are kinda enjoyable. Tons of terrible jokes but some are just great and/or silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg
Scary Movie 3 has some amazing visual gags in it, and they're head and shoulders above anything in Date Movie, Epic Movie, and so on.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Aphrodite posted:

It just has to "comment on the work" that's being parodied.
Because "I'm Batman" *cow falls on guy in Batman costume* is a real comment on the character.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

You Are A Elf posted:

I wish the entire world would give "Don't Stop Believin'" a rest until the heat death of the universe because I really loving hate that song, and I didn't always used to. It's just that I hear it no less than four times daily in various places, and it gets incredibly sickening and killed any joy I had of that song years ago. C'mon, Hollywood, you have a movie set in the very early 1980s about a guy who looks to be starting over with his life in a new city and decade. How about "Just Like Starting Over" by John Lennon? It fits the time period (released in 1980) and pretty much fits the theme of the movie by song title alone! Put the master tapes of "Don't Stop Believin'" away deep in an Antarctic vault and dip your toe into other songs for once, please?

Aside from that dumb complaint, I wasn't particularly enthralled by the trailer for Anchorman 2, and I loved Anchorman. That dinner scene was just awful. I'll probably still watch it opening weekend, though.

Have you ever been to a bar and/or karaoke? It must be really hard for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Barf Wight posted:

Let's get back to the matter at hand

Compared to the poster I've seen in theaters (which is one of the blandest posters I've ever seen) this is giving me whiplash.