Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Zzulu posted:

Hellboy movies weren't very good at all! I love Perlman in them but that's pretty much the only good thing I can recall

Oh and some of the monster designs, I still like (some) of those
The Hellboy movies, and probably Guillermo Del Toro in general, are probably going to be rememebered in the same way that Ray Harryhausen is today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

HoldYourFire posted:

As a forward-thinking special effects genius?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61GrbjeNc1E
Yes, who made movies that exist primarily as a venue for his special effects but have plenty of charm and personality.

(Pan's Labyrinth may sink this analogy, but I stand by it)

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
How many movies is Tom Cruise in next year?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Gonz posted:

Why is Gatsby in 3D? Does Daisy Buchanan's car run over you, or something? Christ, Hollywood.
Given that the book is about the spiritual emptiness of a decadent era, really this film could only be in 3D.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Robert Denby posted:

Seriously, what is that?!
Is that Stanley Tucci?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
That poster should be engraved on a basalt monolith half sunken in million year old antarctic ice. It's sheer wrongness is deeply unsettling.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Rosie O'Donnell lookin mighty fine

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

TheJoker138 posted:

Woody Harrelson as...Heisenberg.
Before I saw the cast list I thought that was John C. Reily

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

axleblaze posted:

Yep. They are far better than a band that makes rock operas (loosely) based on Megaman have any right to be.
Frankly though, aren't all rock operas innately silly? So why not make one about Megaman?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Am I the only person who saw this poster and misread the title as Blade Runner?

I almost had an aneurysm.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Hoop Dreams posted:

An aneurysm from being too happy?
I...don't...know...

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Jervas Dudley posted:

Yup, same guy. There's some other posters on his site. Here's one he did for Mystery Men:

There's some close-ups here.
Mystery Men is one of my favorite movies, and I like how I can pick out the scenes where most of those character poses were taken from; however I don't remember the Blue Raja having horribly deformed Elephantiasis hands.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Comparing crap to quality is always absurd.

I should bring some of those GM logos into my boss and see what he thinks of them. I'd probably get fired for even joking about it.

Cadillac is my favourite logo in the automotive industry. It's pure class. It feels more like a sleek coat of arms than a car logo.
Alfa Romeo is the best logo for that exact same reason.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

achillesforever6 posted:

A lot of the Dreamworks 2D animation is great and imo really underappreciated Sinbad Legend of the Seven Seas is worth it just for the Eris animation. Road to El Dorado is also a classic.
The Prince of Egypt has my all time favorite musical sequence in any animated film, beating out Hellfire from Hunchback and basically every song from Mulan (as there is no way I can choose one).

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

mind the walrus posted:

Which one was that? It's been well over a decade since I've seen it.
The Plagues

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Barudak posted:

As opposed to the other like 7 Muppet films? I mean, this wasn't their first time at the rodeo. I would genuinely like more great literature adaptations, thought, Muppet Great Gatsby anyone?
Given that there's already a character named The Great Gonzo, they're already pretty well set-up.

Also Muppet Treasure Island is the best version of Treasure Island, a standing which includes the original book.

Yodzilla posted:

Antimuppet.

"Why did the fox need an umbrella?? Because chaos reigns!! Wocka wocka wocka!"
Well that is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Coffee And Pie posted:

Constantine is actually pretty alright, as long as you don't consider it a Hellblazer adaptation.
Constantine is amazing purely for casting Peter Stormare as Satan, which is the best casting decision in the history of comic book films.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I like that if you look at these two posters in sequence it makes James Franco look super suspicious of his costars.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Jervas Dudley posted:

There's a more complete list of the interviews in the link.
Haha some of the choices for those interviews are kind of hilarious, especially Ryan North because in a sense Dinosaur Comics is basically the polar opposite of Calvin and Hobbes.

I'm rather surprised that Kate Beaton is included, surprised and pleased.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Waffleman_ posted:

And with those posters, I can already tell that this movie is one of those obnoxious comedies that intentionally tries to be so bad it's good, especially with those blurbs going "OH MAN IT'S SO BAD YOU GUYS"
It reminds me of when commercials for Vampire's Suck came out and all of the reviews mentioned were by reviewers like "Seymour Butz", I guess because the producers couldn't find a single positive review from even the most obscure source to cite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Gorilla Salad posted:

Remember when everyone thought Brendan Fraser was going to be the next big thing?
I just watched Blast from the Past the other day and was stunned to see that the guy that Brandon Fraser punches out in the swing nightclub is played by Nathan Fillion. It's a great movie.