Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dick Trauma posted:

As bad as that movie was it still was disturbing for the matter of fact representation of nukes going off and vaporizing people, the following widespread radiation sickness and the general bleakness that countered Reagan's rah-rah Cold War horseshit. It wasn't the action-packed disaster movie the masses were eager for. Surprise! Nuclear war is the worst thing possible!

Even Terminator 2 caught a lot of attention and praise (in some circles) for its depiction of nuclear war and just how terrible it is. The emotional point of the movie wasn't trying to stop Skynet and the machines, per se, it was trying to stop Judgment Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TheJoker138 posted:

They also made her into a child murderer! And not just one child either, but a MASS child murderer!

And let's not forget about the erotic suicide art competition!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Antti posted:

The sleeping pod room is basically a medical facility so it makes sense in the movie for it to be one of the few places on the ship that's clean and clutterless. Whether it's representative of the movie as a whole is another question.

I think it works in the vein of creating expectations about the movie that are then subverted, but I'm not sure that line works on a movie everyone and their grandmother knows what's up with.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Mystery Men is fun to watch and therefore accomplishes its purpose.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

oddium posted:

casting benegood cumbergreat seems like a plus, in my opinion, to me

This forum hates him, so anything involving him is totally going to suck guys.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ariza posted:

It can't possibly be worse than the last one, can it? I completely forgot everything about it almost immediately and assume everyone else did too.

It has John Connor as a terminator, so... yeah, it looks fit to give Salvation a run for its money.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

This was also released from the movie, unclear if it's just part of a poster or a movie shot.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I grew up in the South and never heard it in a racial context. Strictly a thing referring to spies and/or government agents coming to take your guns.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

muscles like this? posted:

The rumor is that there's one flashback scene with Batman, Joker and Harley.

There is, it's in the trailer. They've also outright said every member of the Squad (save Flagg I guess) was captured and turned in by Bats so there may be more flashbacks.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

flosofl posted:

Scarecrow books? You lost me there.

Matthew Reilly, an Australian novelist whose main book series revolves around a marine nicknamed Scarecrow. The books are batshit insane action movies in book form, and by and large know they're being completely ridiculous. One book has a bad guy with an honest to goodness shark pit for prisoners in his evil fortress.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jedit posted:

I hope that Princess Thalidomide there has got a man in her life, because she ain't going to be rubbin' the nubbin any time soon.

It's Varian's wife/Anduin's mom. That is her sum total contribution to the Warcraft story, and I don't think she even had a name before the movie.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DrVenkman posted:

And Spider-Man is great because he has real world problems. He's just a kid trying to lead a regular life while this other life gets in the way, it's a lot more relateable than Batman's issues for example. It's why Spider-Man 2 is so good, because Raimi nails that feeling of Peter being pulled away from everything for the sake of being a hero.

Daredevil already does a pretty good job with this in season 2, so I'm optimistic about them handling it with Spidey. Being a vigilante ninja completely ruins Matt Murdock's career and personal life, to the point that his girlfriend gets relationship advice from Frank Castle.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 14, 2016

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Basebf555 posted:

Honestly I forgot that he didn't sleep with her. I thought he did at some point once the other relationship was on the rocks.

Still, you know someone's in a badly messed up relationship when the loving Punisher is having a heart to heart chat with them about how love feels and how important it is.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

morestuff posted:

Bernthal plays him in the new Daredevil Netflix show

And getting his own Netflix, making him the now fifth member of the Defenders.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aphrodite posted:

Warcraft orc last names are more like titles. Most of them don't have one.

Also, Blackhand's kids are named Rend and Maim.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vegetable posted:

For a movie that's not really out yet the Neon Demon has had like a hundred posters. At one point I was excited for it, now I'm just sick of seeing that dumb triangle.

I've seen all those Neon Demon posters in this thread and I still have no idea what it's about.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Young Freud posted:

Notice that this is the same photo of Adam Beach that they've been using since the reveal. It's like there's no other photos of him.

Also, there was a big leak about the movie's script that says yeah he bites it along with a few others.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Woebin posted:

I have not seen Gilmore Girls and this is accurate.

I haven't seen it either and my first thought was a lesbian couple.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vagabundo posted:

I'm sure Asylum or someone has done an aliens vs robots movie.

I'd watch Alien vs Terminator. Or better yet, Alien vs Predator vs Terminator.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

K. Waste posted:

I like how the Transformers could be the secret of the Nazi legend, or the Nazis could be the secret of the Transformers legend.

Oh, god, please give us Nazi-Optimus.

Unless I'm missing my guess, that's Bumblebee.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mantis42 posted:

I might be the only one, but the Predator is kind of an inherently goofy design. He's an alien with a vagina face, dreadlocks, a giant forehead and what looks like a mesh shirt. Pairing it with the actually creepy xenomorph design always seemed kinda imbalance.

Predator badly needs to keep his helmet on for promotional art, Preferably with his plasma cannon erect.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

haven't they already done the broken shield thing?

Only in a display, for Age of Ultron - turned out to be from Tony's Witch-induced nightmare sequence.

But Thanos breaking Cap's shield is a pretty iconic scene.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Inzombiac posted:

Why is Black Widow platinum blonde?

I asked the same question in BSS. Apparently she's getting it dyed for Infinity War.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

davidspackage posted:

Infinity War is going to be such a mess of characters, I wonder if that's simply to distinguish her from Wanda from afar.

But then we might confuse her for Captain Marvel or Agent 13! But no, can't have a woman with normal brown or black hair, I suppose.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's good that they pointed out the missile-launchers were "anti-kaiju" missile launchers. No one would have known what they were for if they hadn't explained it.

To be fair on that one, Pacific Rim 1 did the same thing with labeling Striker Eureka's chest missiles as "anti-kaiju." The website gave some technobabble about them being multi-stage armor-piercing missiles loaded with acid or something.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

GrandpaPants posted:

Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon would have been okay if Charlie didn't Charlie it up.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious that Otachi and Leatherback had been custom-designed to gently caress up Cherno, Typhoon, and Striker because of Charlie's drift and Charlie knew that those three were active-duty while Gypsy was retired after Mako's incident.

Still, Cherno and Typhoon were the only really interesting-looking mechs in the movie. Didn't even get to see the colossal flamethrowers Cherno was supposedly armed with or its electrified fists.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Palpek posted:

The first new game had a lot of Descent in it

Lara Croft pilots a fighter against rebel AIs throughout the solar system? I have got to give these games another look.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i mean, if you literally spend 5 seconds googling "ronin hawkeye" you'll find out that this means Actual Ninja Hawkeye

And Hawkeye will probably still be a boring character few people give a poo poo about.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

OGB posted:

Pfeiffer is playing Janet van Dyne, the Original Wasp.

This. The villains are Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch and Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Proteus Jones posted:

She's credited as "Wasp". So I'm guessing she's playing Pym's wife who disappeared into Planck Space.

She's confirmed to be such, yeah. Ghost is Hannah John-Kamen.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Supercar Gautier posted:

That's a fan-made Captain Marvel poster, not the real deal.

Yeah, the guy who posted that in BSS just clarified that it was fan-made. Sorry.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Fan made ad for the USAF.

Yet it has Navy planes in it. :v: USAF doesn't fly the F-14.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zedd posted:

Anyway that JW: Lost Kingdom poster is the first thing looking awesome about that movie. IT's so hilariously good-bad.

If the JP/W films have had a consistent message, it's that the park is a loving awful idea and it exploding in fire and killing all the dinosaurs is the best thing that could possibly happen to it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

First word that always comes to mind when I think of David Warner is "gusto".

I'd go with "ham."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Wheat Loaf posted:

The bit with the parade of goose-stepping hyenas probably wouldn't be kept in.

Too many goose-steppers that the Mouse wants to go see the movie.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DeimosRising posted:

That mothra looks way different than the one in the trailers and the toy

She does apparently light up blue in the movie when using her energy beams.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FilthyImp posted:

Kind of like you won, but at what cost? Might work.

Dollars to donuts whatever is used to finally undo the Snap kills the person who does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Black Widow is getting her own solo movie so she is not going to bite it in Endgame

Same goes for Rocket

Though rumor has it that Black Widow is going to be a prequel covering how she went from KGB assassin to SHIELD agent.