Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

"What if a young Clark Kent used his powers the way an actual kid would?" is apparently a played-out concept for everybody else, but I still really want to see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

anyway, here's a giant look at some CGI Pokemon

Maybe I just like Pokémon more than I like Sonic but it really can't be overstated how much better these Pokémon look than Sonic.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Outside of the vastly better rendering, the difference is that the Pokémon keep their silhouettes—which is the most important part of character design. The artists just added texture and detail on top of those familiar forms, unlike Sonic where they both added texture and detail as well as massively changed the proportions, structure, and facial design of the character, leaving Sonic looking more like this:

than his classic design. It's why the fan edit that brings him closer to the traditional design works and the model in the film doesn't.

That post was more to praise those Pokémon than it was to dump on that Sonic, but you're right about why one works and the other doesn't.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

Haven’t seen the last Jedi. Is it any good?

They shot the best and worst Star Wars movies at the same time and then decided to edit them together for some unknowable reason.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Joker's Ghost Trick

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Pardon me!

I have that set from my dad! Sans book unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Oh my God