Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Erebus posted:

Were the Harry Potter checks finally enough that Warwick Davis decided he didn't need to do these anymore?

Too bad, he was the best part of those movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, I have no clue what that movie's title is supposed to be.

"Everyone Wants One", I'm guessing. Unless that's supposed to be the tagline.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I've never seen a Leprechaun movie but I'm sure I'm not missing out.

The only redeeming quality of the Leprechaun movies is the titular character, Warwick Davis' performance is hillarious and as such he's the only likeable character in those films (which, considering he's supposed to be the villian, is kind of a problem). Everybody else is just an interchangable band of assholes nobody cares about (seriously, I don't think I could name a single one of the protagonists and none of them ever last more than one movie).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

Jennifer Anniston.

Oh yeah, forgot about her. But then again she was only in the first one.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

Another Kingsman?

Based on the description, the movie basically sounds like Hook except with Winnie the Pooh.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, I didn't even know they still made those books. Is this going to be a movie or a series?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Veib posted:

I loved The Black Cauldron as a kid because it was dark and scary and cool and so different from other Disney movies I'd seen, but after watching it again it as an adult it turned out to be just an incredibly boring mess.

The series of books it's based on is a little better to be fair and to be honest I'd kind of like to see a more accurate adaption of the whole thing one day.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Pretty Cure. It was not made by Akira Toriyama.

It's basically Super Sentai/Power Rangers only with magical girls (with a few elements from Kamen Rider and Dragon Ball thrown in for good measure), I believe they're on the poster together because their respective films at the time just happened to be double billed with one another.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Danger: Diabolik rules.

It's basically a Batman film if instead of being a vigilante Batman was a thief and a terrorist whose sole goal is embarrassing the police.

To be honest, Danger: Diabolik was my only real exposure to that particular franchise. How's the other stuff (I know it was a Italian comic book originally and there was a cartoon made at one point)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 14, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Don't most monsters in tokusatsu generally explode when defeated though? Doesn't seem like there'd be a whole lot left behind.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gripweed posted:

The issue is that the Star Wars thing is an anthology, so there's no internal logic dictating character placement. In that Promare poster you've got Galo Thymos front and center because he's the protagonist. He's surrounded by the other member of Burning Rescue. Lio Fotia is the Deuteragonist so he gets major placement in the poster, but since he is not aligned with Galo for the bulk of the movie he's on his own separate plane. Vulcan Hastus is the major recurring muscle, so he gets prominent placement but still smaller than Lio and Burning Rescue. And of course over it all you've got Kray Foresight.

With the Star Wars thing they don't want to say that any given thing is the main character or more important than any other part. Which, I bet, is why they have that weird robot most prominently placed. I think that they were thinking he could anchor the whole design and be the main focal point, but since he has a robot face without eyes, your eye is drawn to the characters around him with human faces.

Anyway, here's another Promare poster

Nice to see Kamina from Gurren Lagann found a new job

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I'll happily skip the first movie and watch the Sonic sequel if it's not another human-animated creature family buddy comedy and the general look is consistent with that poster.

Not sure if it’s true but I think I heard somewhere that the human characters from the first movie have a significantly lesser role in this one and its the Sonic cast that takes center stage.

That said, I was willing to write off the first movie from the second we got the premise but for what it’s worth it wound up being a lot better than I expected.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Sonic does have a cartoon running semi regularly so I assume it’s that

There hasn’t been a Sonic cartoon in at least a few years now (give or take, I forget when Boom ended) but one is apparently currently in development for Netflix:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/sonic_prime_concept_art_gives_a_sneaky_look_at_upcoming_netflix_show

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Ah haha, that's cute. So when do we get to see who's playing Nathan Drake?

Wait, what?

Ohhh. Oh nooooo.

To be fair, Holland looks more like Drake in that shot than Mark looks like Sully.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lobok posted:

Is Alf ok?

Paul Fusco is still alive apparently and he reprised his role as recently as 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Weird that Coleen O'Shaughnessey doesn't get a credit despite Tails being on the poster

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

She's not really someone with enough clout to demand topline billing in her contract.

Makes sense, I just hope that’s not a bad omen in regards to how much focus Tails will be getting in the new movie

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, they didn't even credit the guy who played Sonic on the poster for the first movie. It's just Hollywood in general not respecting voice actors.

Fair point

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

live with fruit posted:

Tika Sumpter's face is on the poster and that's still not enough.

Actually she’s credited at the very bottom, Coleen doesn’t even get that much despite playing one of the main characters

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Fun fact, Ultraman has lips because originally the plan was that the mouth of the mask would move when the actor talked. But in production they could never get it to look right so that plan was dropped. The mask used for the first few episodes of Ultraman had a mouth that could move, they just never show it moving.

Though didn’t Ultraman not really start talking that much until the Heisei era?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Ultraman talks the very first time we see him. But, yeah, ttbomk the Ultramans got a lot chattier once they figured out that thing where the Human host/form stands in a black void during the fights and then you could see the actor talking instead of having a voice come out of a static mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RItvTqBU7Qg

Ultraseven and Jonias from the first anime were somewhat chatty as well if I remember right

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hexwren posted:

they've already said he's not a plumber and not from brooklyn, they've been pushing mario the blank slate for so long now i don't even know what they could do in terms of characterization

he's like mickey mouse: he doesn't represent anything other than the corporate branding

I believe Pratt said he wouldn't be attempting an Italian accent for the movie either

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What is this Milly erasure (come to think of it, was she even in the manga or was she just an invention of the anime?)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

kdrudy posted:

Pretty sure I remember her in the manga, but it has been a while.

Looking it up apparently she was but the anime greatly expanded her and Meryl’s roles in the story

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

What's the connection?

Shin Bone

Seriously though I still want to see that get adapted into a movie or cartoon one day (there's been at least a dozen failed attempts at this point and the closest thing to giving those characters a voice was a series of PC games that got cancelled before they got past the Great Cow Race)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 5, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

BlueBayou posted:

yeah shes in the new trailer

design is the same

Who's playing her in the live action version?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Melissa McCarthy

That doesn’t look too bad honestly. I haven’t seen the trailer but how’s her acting in the role (assuming the trailer has lines that is)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 13, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1635660299150794753?s=20

They wanted to make a chupacabra movie but didn't realize if you take away the cabra, it just means the succ

Live action How To Train Your Dragon remake looking weird

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is this explicitly a Star Wars movie or just an unrelated sci fi movie by the Rogue One director? Either way, looks interesting

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It's unrelated.

Ah, the stuff on the poster looked pretty Star Wars esque so I wasn’t sure. Still looks/sounds cool though

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What is this out of curiosity? The girl on the left and the thing in the center remind me of Gridman

Speaking of, do we have any idea yet when the movie for that is coming stateside?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I like to think the cartoon show also aired in the Toy Story universe and that's what made the character popular rather than the movie (which I guess in universe would have been a big budget live action flick that was pretty progressive by 90's standards)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 8, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

Toy Story 2 is about Woody’s back story on a tv show isn’t it.

Can’t wait for that reimagined as a Dead Wood style reboot.

Speaking of, why is it that Buzz (and I think Zurg) was the only toy that didn’t realize they were a toy (a fact that seems to be present in all the models given Toy Story 2)? Otherwise, shouldn’t Woody have had memories from his own show?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

I know what that is!

What is it?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Koburn posted:

Star Wars: The Creator, from the 'creator' of Rogue ONe

I wasn't sure if the back of that kids head was missing or it was just the same colour as the background

hope it looks better in motion I guess

It's actually not a Star Wars movie though I thought the same thing at first too (there are literally SW esque ships in the background of the first poster)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What the hell am I looking at here?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

Nothing on earth will ever make me interested in a play that downplays slavery, to the point of literally erasing them out from recreations of events they were present at.

I think there's a single reference to slavery during one or two of the songs and that's about it

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 9, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Which of the upcoming Gundam projects is this a promo for (or is it an old poster)?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Never played/heard much about the mobile game. How much if any story connection does it have to the original IBO series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Hell yeah.

Should be pretty good, they announced the OP is going to be done by the same guy who did the OP for Ecogainder

He also did OPs for Abaranger, Ultraman Z, and Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. Masaaki Endoh is a pretty big name honestly