Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

These Loss edits are getting ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Basebf555 posted:

Looper is a pretty elegant way of presenting the branching timelines idea of time travel. And it's pretty clearly multiple timelines, its very explicit about that, showing us two very different outcomes of Bruce Willis' execution. But it never asks you to decide which one is "real" or which is the "true" timeline, it's presented as something that human consciousness isn't even really equipped to perceive. The way the script has Willis describe it as like a fog that coalesces into a clear memory only after something has happened to his younger self is probably the most concise well written explanation of movie's version of time-travel that I can think of.

It also simultaneously works on closed loop rules at the same time, making the movie a mess that wants to use two contradictory rule sets at once. It makes the audience ask why they should care about anything happening when the rules of cause and effect are meaningless. Not to mention all the other plot-holes that make the movies plot completely unworkable.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I guess they got the same artist for the sequel, and The Legend Continues not to be heard of by anyone.

Between the font, wistful sounding taglines, and the heartwarming way the young'un is being dragged along, seeing this poster without context I would think it was a heartwarming adventure story about a group of spunky friends who have to protect the endangered Sasquatch family from having their swamp bulldozed by an evil real estate developer.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I've always thought the reason Predator movies after the first have been so lackluster is they made them about the Predators. The original is this really suspenseful movie about these badass commandos being hunted by something neither they nor the audience can really see. The fact it's some alien big-game hunter is more of a twist than a selling point. The whole climax is more about Arnold getting back in touch with humanities inner caveman which allows him to triumph over the tech reliant Predator (which the teams reliance on big fancy guns had blinded them to) rather than the Predator being a cool action figure. Note I haven't seen 2 so if thats different from the others then my bad.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I feel like Predator is one of those movies you can only do once. So much of what makes the movie work is tied up in not knowing what the "rules" are or what even is truly going on. Once you know exactly what the Predator is and how it works every subsequent movie become redundant. Be it Pirates or WW! soldiers or whatever it's the same story of "badass fight guys get picked off by alien" only now the audience already knows what the threat is and how it works so theres no mystery or suspense. Like Predator 1 is "some thing that is killing us and we don't know how." while the rest of the franchise is about "The Yautja unholstered his series 3000 positronic beam emitter to fire on the heroes." All the magic is lost.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
You know what I miss on posters? the Beyond X... Beyond Y... Beyond your Imagination! taglines.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Paper Kaiju posted:

So far they're 0 for 2 on making live action Cyborg not look like rear end, so I'm beginning to wonder if it's even possible. Doesn't help that his poster is also the worst of the set.

There was the version on Smallville too. Though I guess that depends on if you consider "guy in a t-shirt but he's part robot under the skin trust us." As bad or making the best choice for their budget.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Rirse posted:

Is it me or they photoshop a gun out of her hand?

I remember they shopped out the Guns from the Han Solo posters because of something about gun violence so maybe this is a trend?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Looper sucks and I had no idea the guy who made that bad Star Wars movie made it until well after I saw it.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
John Rambo
Rambo:Last Blood

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Huntress is the worst costume there, yet is the only one they even tried to make look like the comic character.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

This poster is telling me "Rom-Com where Godzilla is destroying Tokyo throughout the movie, but the two leads are too focused on Rom-Com shenanigans to notice."

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

fatherboxx posted:

Eastwood may still make movies at 90 but im sure Trejo will still have 15-20 credited roles yearly when he hits that age

I like that a third of those characters are all named "Muerte".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I hope Suicide Squad becomes a James Bond esque never ending series where the only way to differentiate entries is the extra word before Suicide Squad.
The Suicide Squad
A Suicide Squad
What Suicide Squad?
Our Suicide Squad
Next Suicide Squad
drat Suicide Squad
Sweet Suicide Squad