Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I don't even know if you all are being serious anymore, I think I've put more thought into my old playsets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
He makes pretty movies but I really don't remember much else about them. That's pretty much all I can say about Tarsen :shrug:

Edit: that actually sounds like we'd at least get a visually interesting DC movie instead of all the bland darkness.

I'm counting Wonder Woman as an outlier for not looking like complete poop

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying that BvS is ugly because it has very desaturated colors, I'm saying it is ugly because it is ugly as sin. Like it looks gorgeous in stills and in black and white, but cinema is a mixture of movement and composition and honestly to me, that movie is just ugly when it is actually in motion and as a result is difficult to follow. It has some good parts (I'll admit that he scene where Bruce Wayne's parents die is gorgeously shot and from now on all movies should just reuse that scene instead of doing new interpretations) but as a whole it is murky and honestly kind of ugly. Zack Snyder in general is just a director who can make very good stills and copy a comic book very well, but he isn't too skilled at actually making all the elements work while they're actually moving.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

In the comics at least, Cyborgs arm can turn into a gun or a USB port or whatever, depending on the circumstances. There's no reason to assume that shapeshfting is limited to his arm. Maybe he can grow a robot dick like Tetsuo the Iron Man

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

err like from warhammer 40k?

Combine these two and I would see that movie day 1, probably multiple times, just to see what kind of clusterfuck it ends up as. It would definitely not be like any other superhero movie.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Wonder Woman had plenty of colour for me for a movie splitting its time between London and the front lines of World War 1. Amd Themyscira was a gorgeous paradise.

I think the relative lack of color outside of Themyscira worked because of the nature of the setting, it added a nice contrast between the literal fantasy world and the war torn real world.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Strom Cuzewon posted:

He also turned Bending from a martial art to just magic spells. Wave your arms around madly and something cool will happen. Which makes it impossible to really distinguish the bending styles, and robs the fights of any momentum. The bit in that infamous clip that pisses me off the most is the firebender, who stomps around for some reason, and thrusts his arms away from the direction that he's shooting the worlds laziest ball of flame.

I get Mad on the Internet about that because one of my favorite parts of the cartoon was that bending was an extension of martial arts, and each style had very obvious real world influences. Off the top of my head, waterbending was based off of Tai Chi and firebending was based off of shaolin kung fu, and as someone who has watched way too many martial arts movie, I thought it was a cool little detail that added weight to the fights even when they were shooting out lightning or using boulders as anti-aircraft projectiles or whatever.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Syncopated posted:

Throne of Blood is sick, but it's hosed up that they translated judo to karate in the second one.

They're both japanese who will know the difference :downs:?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

And More posted:

If Iko Uwais gets to kill Cthulhu in hand to hand combat, I'm in. I mean, what proper Sci-Fi Martial Arts flicks are there, anyway?

Now I want to see that Star Trek fight where kirk fights the lizard guy, but one side is Iko Uwais and the other is, i dont know, Tony Jaa or something. But for an entire movie.

I need to get back into martial arts movies, just realized the only modern martial artist I could name was Iko Uwais

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

We get it, it's red. THERE'S RED IN THE MOVIE.

I see blue, that means we need to double down on THE RED

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

I could be wrong but maybe peacocks aren't native to Japan.

Neither are tigers but Takeda Shingen's nickname was still the Tiger of Kai :colbert:

Speaking seriously, Oda Nobunaga thought the dude looked like a monkey, and the nickname stuck. His other nickname was bald rat so either way dude did not have flattering nicknames, probably a byproduct of being the son of a foot soldier instead of a samurai with a lineage stretching back generations.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
New Mutants was one of the first comics I got into as a kid and I gotta say, I didn't expect them to turn that into a horror movie. Kind of an exciting really, even if I hate watching horror movies.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is the evil force in Maze Runner called WCKD?

edit: http://mazerunner.wikia.com/wiki/WICKED

That just makes me think it was founded by a group of Bostonian snowboarders, rather than anything evil.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yeah, the missiles are obviously retro-fitted.

Of course, does this mean there are more Falcons flying around? I doubt it's the only one if they're used for that.

I just realized how funny retrofitting a glorified barge would be in real life.

:science: Yeah this tug boat is powerful and can turn on a dime, that's why I outfitted her with a few Exocets and enough torpedoes to make any first world navy think twice. She's fast too, can make the Strait of Magellan in a few hundred miles

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Why Japanese characters always gotta be samurai and ninja? I mean, they're cool, but show me a Japanese character who dresses as a medieval knight.

Same reason there isn't a movie about a Japanese man crashing in a field in West Texas and learning the ancient and mystical art of gun-slinging from wise cowboys who reject the modern world.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ken, son of a former samurai settles with his family in the west from Japan. Soon his family is killed in front of him by stagecoach robbers, making him aim to get revenge. Marvin an experienced gunman befriends Ken and becomes his mentor.

Well I'll be damned, I had no idea that movie actually existed. I'm gonna need a copy based on that poster alone.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Everyone brings up overwatch because it's popular but the really weird thing is that there is a Battleborn character in the trailer. A game that flopped hard enough that Gearbox pretends it doesn't exist. I don't even know who that's pandering to

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Desperado Bones posted:

So, in the movie is he gonna run around pointing with his finger and yelling "pew pew PEW pew"? :allears:

Never mess with accountants

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I know literally nothing else about that movie and I'm already prepared to see it opening night.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

Totoro's Hellboy movies

My Neighbor Hellboy

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I thought they already made The Giver a movie

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe Sony will go the exact opposite direction and make their Spideyverse based on silver age and comic strip Spidey, going all in on camp.

While I'm dreaming impossible dreams, maybe the next Superman will have his super basket weaving as a key plot point.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Macksy posted:

There were some really good posters on the last page so I'm gonna quote this one so you can bask in it's terribleness and suckitude.

I'm the... Volkswagen jock strap?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

I can't see this as anything but Dino Dics.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I'm actually surprised it took this long to make a sequel to Avatar. Didn't it get like 3 sequels greenlit the second it made approximately all the money? What took them so long, you'd think they'd pull a Disney Star Wars and innundate us with spin offs, sequels, miniseries, rides etc.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Stare-Out posted:

That movie is going to be such a pile of poo poo.

It's probably going to be terrible but I'm hoping it goes all in on the legitimately creepy parts of being bonded to a psychotic, mass murdering alien that really wants to get a good meal and doesn't particularly care how sentient the prey is.

I know from the trailers that's not what's going to happen but I can keep hoping.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I actually fuckin' plum forgot that those were technically in the same universe since they're not bad.

I actively don't count them as part of the same universe since they work really well on their own anyway.

Plus both barely involved any X-Men.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
The best part of 2 is when the big predator at the end gives Danny Glover a pistol from 1760, and if you pay attention he's also got dog tags and other such trophies from throughout time. Somehow they decided that pirates v predators or WWI platoon v predator wasn't awesome enough so we instead got AvP movies and the other two predator sequels.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Stephen King is at his best and worst when he's so coked out he doesn't even remember what he wrote the night before.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

大黃蜂

CCP Propaganda Poster Bumblebee looks like a far more interesting movie than what we're getting.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

The lead guy is just. so. bland. If it was Cranston all the way through with little other changes, it would have been a classic.

I would have also accepted Ken Watanabe as protagonist, or screaming extra #3, or just cutting in shots of Jeff Goldblum from the last American Godzilla. I'm pretty sure that the movie has the exact same emotional resonance if you cut out the lead character completely after act 1.

Edit: poo poo, I could have sworn Goldblum was in Godzilla. Well, just cut in scenes from Jurrasic Park and Independence Day then.

Don Gato fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 11, 2018

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Gotta love how hard they're pushing "THESE GUYS HAVE 3 DIFFERENT MODES!" in those posters. Now how long before they also get their CPC propaganda posters as well, because those things were amazing.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Will the Sonic movie have the proper amount of buttrock? That's really the only thing that will convince me to see it at this point

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
WiFi Ralph was a way better name than Ralph Breaks the Internet

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

I'm just gonna pretend this is a crossover between One Piece and Robot Jox.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, I know precisely jack poo poo about that dude, so if he's interesting this might be a good movie.

They called him The Bayonne Bleeder because he would end up bleeding all over the place everytime he fought. After he fought Sonny Liston, he needed 72 stitches in his face and while most of the time he wasn't wrecked that badly, dude still did not come out of boxing matches looking pretty.

Dude was a contender, and iirc he was the first person to knock down Muhamed Ali, though Ali claims that Wepner stepped on his foot and threw him off balance. Looking at the famous photo, I'm inclined to agree but Wepner has insisted he actually knocked down Ali legit. He wasn't a complete unknown at the time though, he was the 8th ranked heavyweight boxer when he fought Ali.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Now put 'em together

How many pencils does John Wick need to use to kill Godzilla?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Are we supposed to believe Keanu can beat all those guys without his trench coat and sunglasses?

John Wick could beat Neo in a fight, even with his crazy God powers

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

So you'd be disappointed to hear about the Michelle Yeoh spin-off?

Is it called Romance of the Three Space Kingdoms?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

While I like Stephen Chow's original, how can you make a sequel to it? It's been a while but I remember it was a fairly complete story already. Down to see more Stephen Chow though, Shaolin Soccer is the best sports movie ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yoda and R2D2 hosed Vader?

Like anyone could say no to R2.