Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I was gonna post a poster for Total Recall to prove you wrong, but turns out there isn't actually a poster that says, Get Your rear end To Mars

:smith:

The proper counterpoint to no taglines:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Sockser posted:

Dunno. Was in the top images in imgur's gallery yesterday, which means if I go digging around Reddit for a few hours I might find something but gently caress that.

Not being a dick, just for future information: Most of the pictures on imgur have a source link to the right that will take you to the Reddit post they came from. Then usually someone in the comments will have linked the original source.

In this case, they came from a marketing campaign for LG. Those seem to be the only three.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Bugblatter posted:

Who would expect Christians to ape pop-culture in embarrassing ways in the hope of appearing hip enough to entice impressionable youth into joining their club?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Young Freud posted:

That Rise Of The Guardians poster makes me think its for a Squaresoft game. Maybe not quite Final Fantasy, but another one of their IPs.

It reminds me of some of the art from later Mana games, but not as overly ornate.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

falz posted:

Apparently my father in law uses the term "black don't crack". I'd never heard it before a few years ago but I guess it's a [racist] thing.

It's not a racist thing, it's just a reference to the fact that darker skin tends to show less wrinkling and other obvious signs of sun damage as people get older.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Another entry in the category of great taglines:

Also I don't quite get the trajectory of that ball.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Mr. Carlisle posted:

More Freaky Friday because a son and father switch places instead of a mother and daughter... but a little bit of Big because a mystical artifact causes the switch.

Or as Netflix describes it:

quote:

Two heads may not be better than one when workaholic department-store executive Marshall (Judge Reinhold) and his son Charlie (Fred Savage) innocently touch an ancient skull -- and soon discover their bodies have switched.

I don't think there is any appropriate use of the phrase "innocently touch an ancient skull."

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

Wait, was there actually a Death Star in Pumaman? Because I really don't remember a Death Star.

There was that alien Aztec whatever spaceship that shows up at the beginning and end. It didn't look anything like that, but.. it is spherical, at least?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

The dark middle chapter in the That Darn Cat! trilogy.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

CaptainHollywood posted:

I could have sworn Doc's looked different and was a "Z". Which makes this even worse.

Not even a Z, really. They couldn't have used his diagram because it's too easy to understand.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

CPL593H posted:

I love this. "Oh that's too violent, better change it to a guy dragging a dead body. Wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea!"

Seriously, what's the loving logic here?

It's not really hard to get. The first one is depicting more active pain and terror because the person is clearly alive and fighting. It's not like the MPAA thinks dragging a dead body instead is all gumdrops and rainbows, it's just a degree of intensity thing. It's the same difference as having a gun pointed at the viewer as opposed to off to the side.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I feel a little bad I legitimately laughed at "he suspects something is a foot."

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Xenophon posted:

And without the filter most of these minimalist posters would look like they took about 15 seconds to whip up in MSPaint

of course, with the filter, they don't look much better, but I bet that's part of the motive

I think this is the best explanation. Without paper creases most minimalist posters would look like really simple vector art and it'd be hard to tell they were meant to be posters to begin with.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Pick Hard posted:

That website on the Back to the Future fan poster does not feature that poster, but it does have these gems:

That's because the BttF poster comes from the guy's Kickstarter, which also includes

more linefaces

a fan poster for a movie that won't be out until 2015

and coloring book Cowboy Bebop with a Spike that looks like a woman.

Also I guess that's Faye on top of.. another Faye in the corner? Which just makes me think of this.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

ShufflerZero posted:

(Not that) Batwoman

This reminds me, I should see what some other MST movie posters look like.

It's a "western"... I guess....

The Black Scorpion people were really desperate to convince you the theater would be a madhouse of shrieking panic.

This movie gave me the wim-wams.

:smug:

Does beer make necks collapse

I dunno this doesn't really look thatHOT drat FIRST MOVIE WITH A DUNE BUGGY IN IT

Remember these other movies you liked

"More consistently presented than Ghost" is one of my favorite half-assed reviewer quotes.

:stare:

:gonk:

Something about this feels like it should be the backglass to a bad pinball machine.

"Ugh, I am so done with you."

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

It's Slow New Orleans More, a reference to oft-delayed post-Katrina rebuilding efforts.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Lizard Combatant posted:

Poor Sandra Bullock, she must be really hoping Gravity will turn her career around.

Gravity is typically what ends a woman's career in Hollywood.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Cleretic posted:

The same happened with Kangaroo Jack, the ads focusing a lot on the concept of a rapping kangaroo that made it look like a family film focused on children.

It's an R-rated movie, let's leave it at that.

Kangaroo Jack is PG.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bridesmaids
Domestic Total Gross: $169,106,725

What a poo poo movie that made $169 million dollars :(

That guy is being dumb and people should ignore him but "it made a lot of money" is a terrible argument for whether a movie was good or not.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

gmq posted:

Has this been posted before? Because :stare:

What bugs me is her list on the poster implies the movie is based on that girl's hookup list that made the rounds on the Internet a few years ago. Which is not only a dumb thing to base a movie on but also means Aubrey Plaza has starred in two separate movies about wacky images on the Internet.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

mr. mephistopheles posted:

If by no reason you mean "a stylistic choice used because it creates a visually pleasing contrast" then yes, I agree.

You're not raging because it looks bad, you're raging because it's overdone, which is loving stupid.

Or someone could just genuinely dislike the way it looks.

I admit it's hard for me to articulate what I don't like about it. I think it's the same thing that makes some CGA PC games or Super Game Boy stuff hard to look at -- they work in a super-restricted color palette and harsh or ill-fitting colors end up getting used a lot. It ends up looking sickly.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

...of SCIENCE! posted:

A thing that one videogame did, which I would love for film studios to do, is have a reversible cover with the logos, tech specs, and marketing blurbs excised.

Bioshock Infinite also had such a ruckus on the Internet about how generic its cover was that they made it reversible to a more stylized one.

(The alternate is not normally in Czech, it's just hard to find the full thing in English for some reason.)

It'd be an interesting idea for movies given how rear end-ugly most DVD boxes are, but I doubt there are enough consumers who care to make it worth doing.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Red_Museum posted:

I remember hearing about this a few months back since it was filmed at Disneyland without permission.

The text on this one is terribly generic (with matching default Photoshop outer glow) but I find the art a lot more interesting.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I started looking for production stills to see if I could figure out what they'd pieced together to make this ugly thing, but then I found this instead and gave up.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

...of SCIENCE! posted:

As terrible as AVGN's movie inevitably will be, it will be a masterpiece compared to Kickassia.

We've hit the load limit on nerd facial hair

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Strange Matter posted:

Constantine is amazing purely for casting Peter Stormare as Satan, which is the best casting decision in the history of comic book films.

I thought his Satan was kind of boring. Tilda Swinton as Gabriel was a more interesting choice.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Forgall posted:

Gotta love how anti-environmentalism is now a pillar of American Christianity. Let's just poo poo all over God's creation, why not.

Real paradise waits for us in heaven, so trying to sustain the environment is just heathens trying to defy God by making heaven on earth.

Nybble posted:

I have to imagine that they want to pull SOME Christians in. At least on Friday and Saturday before they go to church on Sunday and exclaim to each other, "Did that REALLY happen?" *flips through Bible*

I almost feel bad for all the pastors that are gonna have to explain the Book of Enoch.

They won't have to because the Book of Enoch isn't in most Christian bibles. Wikipedia says it's "now regarded as scripture by only the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and the Eritrean Orthodox Church."

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Vagabundo posted:

Shut the gently caress up about Noah.

Seriously. Let's instead talk about this new film hitting the indie circuit about a poor sailor who can't sit down.

It's the Latvian poster, according to the funny pictures thread.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Young Freud posted:

You're talking about the Mondo posters that they had used for their Alamo Drafthouse showings, right?

Oh, man, going through some of those, I came across this Mondo poster for Boogie Nights

It's gorgeous. Everything is yellowing, making it more lurid (which isn't hard to do with Rollergirl's rear end there), but fits well with the film and it's so colorful. It uses screencaps for the film, but Rollergirl and the corvette are clearly hand-drawn and exaggerated.

What the gently caress happened? Did they get so full of themselves and that Olly Moss, vector-traced, washed-out single-color style that they just stopped trying?

I'm trying to figure out her spine and arms and it seems like she's halfway to:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Sheldrake posted:

And a few I found and just thought wtf:

Man, turns out there were a lot of unused concept posters for Back to the Future. A lot of them involve some variation on Marty as "blown away '80s teen", but this one has a more sinister edge.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

William Bear posted:

Edit, IMDB lists Lea Thompson as Nic's wife, which seems a bit much for a character who gets raptured at the beginning.

Yeah, it's on their official site. Also on that site is the news that Cage's son is being played by a kid named Major Dodson, which is up there on the list of great gimmick names to give your children.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Those heads.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Remember when Spider-Man threw Palpatine into Times Square to redeem himself

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Cacator posted:

What's going on here?

Apparently it was in a Reddit post called "Fixing the colossally broken anatomy in Falcon's Winter Soldier poster."

quote:

They've spliced a bunch of photos together not at all well - the angle is looking up at the character but likely due to the people in charge wanting the focus to be on the face, they've made the upper torso twice as big as it should be. The legs are completely off and far too short, his butt is way higher than his crotch, and his torso is as long as his legs. Oops.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Seems like the perfect topic for him. The intros to most Calvin & Hobbes collections were him ranting about the ways newspapers were operated and how they hosed over comics.

Unfortunately I'm going to guess that most of his interview will be old man complaining about new fangled gizmos and how they're Just Not the Same.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Were the Harry Potter checks finally enough that Warwick Davis decided he didn't need to do these anymore?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

and you know what, I like it when they do that, because it really pisses off nerds AND is social conscious of them, which is rare for hollywood.

Socially conscious is a very kind term for tokenism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Poster for Legion's TV spinoff Dominion.

Gabriel isn't weak to guns, you need to use Ziodyne.