Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

SRM posted:

I saw the trailer for the trailer (:psyduck:) for Total Recall and I really liked the look of it. I have no clue how good the movie will be, but the sets and costumes looked really nice. I can't think of many actors with less charisma than Colin Farrel though.

You should watch In Bruges. It will make you like Colin Farrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Robert Denby posted:

The poster for Oliver Stone's new movie just came out.

(sorry for the giant Joblo watermark)

Travolta looks bizarre.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Vintersorg posted:

Have $250 to $350 to spare for a poster?

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/mondo-struzan-the-thing/8439

$250 for that or $350 for glow in the dark.

Before seeing that, paying $250 for a movie poster would have been something I would never have considered.

I would definitely pay $250 for that.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Reminds me of Gorey's Mystery! intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPlY_7RR1h0

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Gonz posted:

Poor Man's Jon Voight looks perplexed.

Isn't Jon Voight the poor man's Jon Voight at this point? 3 of his 5 most recent credits are Baby Geniuses movies.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Josh Holloway with cornrows is pretty hilarious, maybe even good enough to balance out the fact that Sam Worthington is in this movie!

That's Joe Manganiello with the cornrows. Sam Worthington is unrecognizable (he's the bald one next to cornrows.)

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

CaptainHollywood posted:

Umm.... this does not look good.

That is horrifying.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

kiimo posted:

Kelsey Grammer is ready for his fishing trip in Willy Wonka's chocolate stream.

That sounds really dirty out of context.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Dick Trauma posted:

The only way for this lovely franchise to get my respect would be if there's not actually a movie, only the ad campaign. That would be amazing.
The entire movie is a 3 minute trailer for Expendables 4

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Cage posted:

You won't mind your broken tables after viewing these:

Thomas Jane is really reminding me of Christopher Lambert here.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

kiimo posted:

Has someone posted a collection of Drew Struzan art yet? I would if I wasn't so busy. He just received the Saul Bass Award (basically lifetime achievement award) at the Key Art Awards last Thursday and he got two standing ovations and even talked a little smack on Nick Offerman who was hosting.

He's a legend.

I really wish I had been able to get one of his Thing posters, but I wasn't going to pay $250 for a poster.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

It was Nightmares and Dreamscapes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481452/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2a

Not all of the stories were from that book though, it also had stories from Night Shift and Everything's Eventual.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I don't think benching Kevin Hart would be all that hard. He's got to be maybe 40 pounds tops.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

My birthday was last week and my wife got me this poster:

in the subway size (43x62).

It's going to look awesome in my basement (once I finish it)

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Veib posted:

Also it's loving Fez from That '70s Show who I don't remember seeing anywhere else ever.

Oddly enough, the only other thing I know him from is the voice of Handy Manny, which is a kids show.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I made a pumpkin tribute to my favorite movie poster this year.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Vegetable posted:

How does she make people tell the truth? What's the truth anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9HUtYwW1Y

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

A guy my wife went to high school with makes custom skis. I thought this thread might appreciate the ones I just had made up:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Slutitution posted:

The first official promo photo/poster for Terminator 6 has been released:

https://twitter.com/Terminator/status/1024640947940773888

Whoever decided to give the middle girl a Dylann Roof haircut needs to fired immediately. The photo is giving me mixed signals on the film, regardless.

"The Terminator - Coming to CW this Fall"

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I actually liked that show. My point stands that the released promo pic does not inspire a lot of hope.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Basebf555 posted:

Looper is a pretty elegant way of presenting the branching timelines idea of time travel. And it's pretty clearly multiple timelines, its very explicit about that, showing us two very different outcomes of Bruce Willis' execution. But it never asks you to decide which one is "real" or which is the "true" timeline, it's presented as something that human consciousness isn't even really equipped to perceive. The way the script has Willis describe it as like a fog that coalesces into a clear memory only after something has happened to his younger self is probably the most concise well written explanation of movie's version of time-travel that I can think of.

Every time travel movie should just use that part from the second Austin Powers movie. Go to 25 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8w95xIdH4o

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The big guy in back played Billy Bones in Black Sails and he was fantastic in it. I'm willing to give this a shot just for him.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Wesley Snipes is absolutely rocking the 70's 'stache.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I'm sure it's just the blue skin and the vest, but the guy on the left reminds me a lot of Howie Mandel in Little Monsters.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Michael Jai White needs more work that isn't /\/\/\ that.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I posted about these a couple of years ago, but I finally got a chance to use them this past weekend.

My skis are loving awesome.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

OptimusShr posted:

Yeah it looks like it's going to be a good horror film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pso0Aj_cTh0

I wonder if that's one of those movies that would be better served by a different title. Having Elizabeth Moss in "Dead Boyfriend" only to have it turn into an Invisible Man movie when you realize she's not going crazy could have been a dusk till dawn level mindfuck.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

BonoMan posted:

Yeah I mean they are not award winners. But I have this huge soft spot for that 90s gritty angsty poo poo. The Crow, Spawn, etc. Their soundtracks all have permanent spots seared in my memory.

I mean it's *definitely* just a nostalgia/guilty pleasure but I do love 'em.

The Judgement Night soundtrack definitely belongs in this category too. The Faith No More/Boo Ya Tribe song loving kicks.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Jedit posted:

Re: the Spawn and Mortal Kombat OSTs - it was part of a three-movie project to cross over metal, rap and techno. I can never remember which movie did metal/rap, no matter how many times I'm reminded.

Judgement Night, with a generous definition of Metal.
Helmet and House of Pain
Teenage Fanclub and De La Soul
Living Colour and Run DMC
Biohazard and Onyx
Slayer and Ice T
Faith No More and Boo-Yaa Tribe
Sonic Youth and Cypress Hill
Mudhoney and Sir Mix-A-Lot
Dinosaur Jr. and Del the Funky Homosapien
Therapy and Fatal
Pearl Jam and Cypress Hill

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Carthag Tuek posted:

free oldpainless

More like Old blameless.
It was totally because of the French thing

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Dangerous Person posted:

This video is the only Steven Seagal I need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNWDKeiZ9vc

I forget which of them it was (before Under Siege the all kind of run together in my head) but his one liner when he killed the bad guy was "That was for my wife, now gently caress you and die" always stuck with me as a pretty good line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbT77fP8fl4

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Jedit posted:

In addition to Spider-Man comics, that guy is already in Invincible and he's voiced by Mark Hamill.

Wasn't there a version of that guy in the Daredevil show too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

feedmyleg posted:

I just want a Batman movie where he's a fully established detective and crimefighter, with a batcave and a batcomputer and a Robin. I'd prefer if he weren't an utterly tortured soul, too, but I'm trying to be realistic.