Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

The Pickles posted:

Where did you get these? They're fantastic. Much better that the ones that amazon had, last I checked.

I so wish they would have used one of those for the Blu-ray cover, instead of this poo poo:

Ps. That OP is stellar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

dr_rat posted:

Its quite possible in the third photo that's him on the screen in the background looking baffled.

That's Nick Nolte.

That movie looks like any of the fantasy films aimed toward young teens, except they couldn't get any young teens to star in it for some reason, so they got Aaron Eckhart instead. I like to imagine that his character is autistic or something.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
It's like rejected artwork for a potential Trejo character in Saint's Row.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Slasherfan posted:

I guess women flashing their tits for sea monsters is becoming a trend now.

Pretty sure that's been a trend as long as there have been movies about sea monsters, though. The reason you go to see a movie about a sea monster is for sea monster carnage and inevitable tit shot.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

e: Also, what the hell is this

It looks like he's holding a basketball shoe.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

The MSJ posted:

That The Artist cover just had to get the dog on there, huh? I think he's actually more well-known than the lead actors by now.

When I saw it, the audience laughed every time the dog was on screen, even if it wasn't doing anything funny. People are stupid, and a cute animal is a really easy sell.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

kiimo posted:

If you didn't love that dog you are a soulless automaton.

Sure, I liked the dog, but not enough that I'd feature it on the blu-ray cover.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Zedd posted:

I get what they wanted to do (Make the logo in the buildings look like his wings somehow) but it doesn't really work.

Well, it's just their Batman logo, and then they slapped him onto it, trying to get his ears to line up with the logo's. Pretty drat lazy. Wasn't that same poster the first teaser poster for the film, just without the absurd tagline and orange filter and Batman?

I actually liked it the very moment I saw it, but then after half a second I was like, "wait, that is utter poo poo."

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

This is amazing. Would a whale ever swim like that? It's like the whale is being pulled down by its tail.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Those ones make the debris and ashes falling down on them look like some kind of confetti parade. Or like, it's an ad for a hot nightclub or something.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Primer was my first thought seeing the Looper poster as well. I like it. Is that machine full of those weird gold bar things from the trailer?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I think it's the same legs as well, just flipped. Maybe not.

This Means More War Edition looks like such a great movie about a blonde woman who controls two androids in the future.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Stare-Out posted:

Spidey and his realdoll.

"Look deep into my nose and tell me you love me."

Also, that Branded poster may be ripping off something or other, but it's doing its job because I really want to know more.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Lobok posted:

Willem Dafoe's jaw is as wide as everyone else's put together.

Just like in real life! :v:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Attention Horse posted:

What happened to Ashley Bell, jesus christ :gonk:

Everything about this is poo poo. The title is laughable, the tagline is even worse, and the photoshopping is just atrocious. Ugh. Not like it was something I was looking forward to anyway, but now I will actively avoid it.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I can't stand the minimalist poster thing simply because everyone goes to great lengths to put as little as possible on the poster, yet they all for some reason also need to cover it with filters to make it look grungy or stained or folded. I absolutely hate the whole, "Check out my grindhouse poster which I created digitally. You can tell it's a grindhouse poster from the fold marks I added in photoshop" thing.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

The Cameo posted:

That is how the killer dies. A magnetic force exists around the bear due to the bear's ability to travel through time - because it's an alien bear, see - which drags the killer towards it and eventually pulls him up to the bear's teeth, which dig into his skull.

Wait, what? Really? I might have to check that movie out.

e: vvv Okay, that sounds like my kind of movie.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 9, 2012

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Glamorama26 posted:

House of The Devil gets a lot of talk on these forums, so I thought I'd share my favorite poster they came up with for it...

I would love to have that on my wall. That's an awesome poster.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I'm pretty sure they're all matte, but I've never seen one in person because they always sell out in seconds.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Jedit posted:

You mean on the theatrical poster? That's Peter Weller, isn't it?

On the DVD cover. John Lithgow. Crazy dude popping out of nowhere on the right side.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Goddamn, how does anyone ever buy a Mondo poster? I saw the tweet go up that today's offerings were on sale, tried to snag a Beyond the Black Rainbow, and by the time I filled out my shipping info (auto-fill, mind you), it was sold out. This was literally within maybe 30 seconds of the tweet being posted. Insane.

e: vvv Guess so. Ah well, maybe next time.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 4, 2012

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

I feel like the Johnny Knoxville character should be aiming straight ahead to kinda balance it out. Too many guns aimed toward the right side. But I guess people get scared when there's a picture of a gun aiming at them, so it's not okay to do.

That is a pretty sweet poster, though.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
^^^ Hahaha, goddamnit...

Robert Denby posted:

Parker Posey in Group Inou's newest music video.

She looks like she's distracted by something just outside the frame.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Sgt_Grumbles posted:

New posters for Django Unchained:

These are so unexciting, and lack any personality or style whatsoever. It's just, "Here's some people who acted in the movie! Come see it!"

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
^^^ This.

Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time. I usually hate this trend of re-releasing movies in 3D, but I will SO go see that.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
They should have only used Robert Sheehan. He actually almost looks like the kid on the War cover.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Here's a poster that I think is really awesome:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Snowy posted:

Isn't the angle wrong on the reflections? It seems that you should be seeing their faces from below. The girl shouldn't be looking straight at the camera in the reflection.

Yeah, they just flipped the image around, so the reflection looks stupid. Still a pretty cool poster, though.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
What is going on with Cuba's name tag there?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
The trailer for that actually looks pretty cool. Will Smith is doing Morgan Freeman for some reason.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
It's a Baz Lurhmann film. Out of place, unexpected music is pretty much a given, so it doesn't bother me much. Movie looks fantastic, as well. Hopefully it isn't just visually stunning.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
He looks like he spent the night with his head in a beehive.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

bows1 posted:

So James Franco is playing a serious RiFF RaFF basically

He made me think of Sir Smokesalot from Half Baked.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I love that poster, if only for the goofy look on his face.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Kojiro posted:

Puma Man was also not a blonde He-Man looking fella though, so I guess a few liberties were taken.

Such grace, this Pyoomaman.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Glamorama26 posted:

I'm not alone in staring at this and humming the Jurassic Park theme loudly, right?

Right?

This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Kick-rear end: Picasso Edition

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

This just makes me uncomfortable.

Everything about this is awesome. Seems to suit the movie pretty well.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Just came across this gem on Netflix. Nothing about this looks natural at all.

Then there's this one, which is better, just not by very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

muscles like this? posted:

The thing I find craziest about all this was that Sandler did Funny People which was literally about how lovely and empty those comedies he makes are and then he just keeps doing them. He has no ability for self reflection.

Or he just doesn't care.